vinyl or cd's?????

technic1210

''VINYL VINYL VINYL''
VIP Junglist
Ok so its rumoured that vinyl will stop being pressed in 2009! if this is true what are your thaughts on it and what do you think prefer.I for one will always go for the vinyl and until i cant get it anymore. cdj's dont cut it for me personally.think of this thread as a patishon! keep the vinyl aliveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.dunation.com/showthread.php?t=9045

Last edited:
i used some cdj1000s at the weekend for the first time, and i was fucking impressed to be fair.

but you can't beat a bit fo vinyl. serato and other emulation programmes are good, but don't really come close either.

Petition

Of course records aren't going to stopped being pressed in 2009, I've never heard something so ridiculous. Besides, sales of vinyl have risen in recent years.

There's already loads of threads about vinyl Vs CD by the way...

you think he made that jargin up on his own??? i doubt it.its guna happen sooner or later anyway however shit it is!

you think he made that jargin up on his own??? i doubt it.its guna happen sooner or later anyway however shit it is!

i don't reckon he made it up, i just think that we would have heard more about it if it was going to happen soon, there are a lot of businesses that rely on the sale of vinyl so they wouldn't just cut off supply over night.

how long has it taken CDs to surpass cassette tapes? it was only this year i was gutted 'cos i could get the latest smash hits compilation on tape in woolies...

Read the link, classic case of journalism written in a sensationalist way...

Even if these protocols from the petrolium industry were observed, which they won't be, as these things were agreed only in principle and are non-binding, most of the vinyl used in pressing a record is not virgin (i.e. new) vinyl, it's actually created using melted down, recycled vinyl.

Plus the only source quoted was the guy from Tower Records, who are a high street retailer that don't even have a presence in the UK. I went to their store in piccadilly circuis before it closed and they sold no vinyl at all, it wasn't that kind of store. Plus tower records is really only US focussed where way way more people use CDJ's than Turntables meaning there's way less demands for records, hence it's not surprising that they are going to stop selling them in 2009 as they really barely do anyway...

Tuna, what's with the prison officer look?

I mean Rick looks the boss, but y'know that whole business is lame, make him look a bit of a chief...

I dont think any other scene is as passionate about this as dnb is....thats why it will probably die a death in the not to distant future.

hope it doesnt but unfortunately being realistic it will and theres fuck all anybody can do about.

unless any of you lot own a pressing plant that is.

Back
Top Bottom