Vinyl Only / Limited Edition Releases

jsmith89

Hmph..... silly...
VIP Junglist
Thought it might be fun and handy to create this thread for those into collectable vinyl as much as i am. Post your finds for everyone else to beard-stroke over. Of recent times off the top of my head:

Samurai Horo Series, Kiyoko's 008 being the last
Felix K - Dark Future / Ungers
ASC & Sam KDC - Cold Spot / Kaleidoscope
J Robinson & Gantz - Maasai / Misread

edit: Paradox - Crate Logic / Scorpius marble edition

Last edited:
Hold tight chin-stroker crew!

Have to say my favourite collectable vinyl has to be the Hidden Hawaii stuff. I only have 4,6 & 7 at the moment and would love to own the others but theres one that i've only seen available once and was like £200 which I dont think i could bring myself to spend on a single sided 12". That Think and Change boxset on Nonplus is tempting me at the moment....

I nearly pulled the trigger on that qns boxset that popped up last month too but couldnt afford it at nearly £80 :( gutted as there was only 50 too. The words 'collectible' or 'limited edition' are my kryptonite.

The words 'collectible' or 'limited edition' are my kryptonite.

innit. also when the listing on chemical or Bleep says "one per customer" im like a crow collecting silver things and bringing them back to its nest. I have at least 4 or 5 vinyl which i think are utter rubbish that i bought purely cos they said limited on them.

I just bagged that nonplus album cos it sold out on preorder at phonica records and frankly with a description like this:

Extremely limited edition 5x12” boxset, individually numbered and includes free download card for the digital bundle

...who can refuse.

I like this thread. Although my mentions arent limited vinyl releases just sought after I suppose.

The Metalheadz Boxset (1997) 5 piece LP. Something I own myself.

One that springs to mind is that limited Origin Unknown EP that never got a full release on RAM...cant remember what its called but it was pretty sought after.

& my non dnb choice is...

AFX Aphex Twin - Analogue Bubblebath LP. saw one go on ebay go for well over £300 few years ago. Something i've wanted for a while.

Eastern Promise EP. there are loads of bootlegs of that release floating around too

Nice one Fever of the Jungle.

Trying to think of others off the top of my head is drawing blanks today.
New releases generally all have a digi release with it 99.9% of the time, so don't know how much will be vinyl only. Think Viperfish VIP on subtitles was a vinyl only jobbie but can't think of any others at the mo, brains on vacation.

Have to say my favourite collectable vinyl has to be the Hidden Hawaii stuff

good shout, another one is alphacut. gutted i missed out on the sinistarr single over christmas, the felix k / koto / sub trio is proving very tempting at this moment in time too

6263449022_6364462992.jpg

drool

Also PRO003 on prototype records isnt listed on discogs bit it is out there...somewhere...

Standard. 25 pressed or something stupid.

Atmospherical Jubilancy 12" is incredibly rare. In fact all of those you posted are either ridiculously priced or just not around. Never heard of that Break 12" have you ever seen a copy of it?

Someone say Headlock (High Contrast Remix) already :teeth:

Standard. 25 pressed or something stupid.

Atmospherical Jubilancy 12" is incredibly rare. In fact all of those you posted are either ridiculously priced or just not around. Never heard of that Break 12" have you ever seen a copy of it?

Someone say Headlock (High Contrast Remix) already :teeth:

The Saigon Label boss confirmed his existance on discogs (or so he says) so i tried to get in contact with him and no reply, emailed the label directly and no reply, emailed N-uturn records (parent label) directly and no reply, tried to find Nicholas Kristian Sykes (Nico) on facebook but couldnt, nothing on google searches. ive just decided to do a bit more digging on it now. i will let you know what i find

Stop it! Im trying to stay strong and this isnt helping. This thread should be renamed to Vinyl Addicts Anonymous

V.A.A. - we should start this now before I start using records as a douvet. My room is rather cluttered.

Also that Break 12" on Saigon only had 5 pressings to wax...looks unlikely we will ever find a copy.

I know that i've always wanted that came out on vinyl only and its a fucker to buy..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom