DnB Vinyl Misprints

DJ_Hysterika

Hysterika & Jonny Intense
I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed any misprints on new drum and bass vinyl? e.g. Phace's new EP Vitreous, seems that both sides of both vinyls are misprinted (I have other EPs that do the same). Are vinyl distributers screwing up and not putting the tracks on the right side or are label owners trying to make A side the B side? very annoying when i slam a track in and its actually the wrong side.
Anyone else experience the same problem recently?

I find it is getting quite common for the info to be on the A-side rather than the B-side, so always mark up what side is what as soon as I get new records...always check the etching too if its not clear what side is what by the labeling. There is the odd record that is mis-labeled (like Headroom VIP)

I noticed a massive decline in the quality of the actual pressing of vinyl recently. Really flimsy and skips easy. so annoying

yeh quality has been questionable on quite a few, my copy of Rregula - Barramundi experiment on vinyl was really quiet

Virus is / was terrible for this. e.g. Bacteria / Gasmask and Watermelon / Sick Note. I didn't know that Bacteria was Bacteria until the Pendulum remix came out

i came across watermelon/sicknote in my local record store and didnt buy it on the basis that it was really bad quality....shame really, such a good tune

Virus is / was terrible for this. e.g. Bacteria / Gasmask and Watermelon / Sick Note. I didn't know that Bacteria was Bacteria until the Pendulum remix came out

Yeh same.

I got a repress of Mampi Swift's Resurrection EP where the labels are wrong on each plate + the wrong side. Like rythmatix said, just note them up to avoid confusion

I noticed a massive decline in the quality of the actual pressing of vinyl recently. Really flimsy and skips easy. so annoying

I think thats just you Tone or you've had really bad luck. Haven't noticed any major decline in quality of vinyl over the last year / half a year. There's still the odd vinyl that is teacupped to fuck though

Yeah my copy of Watermelon is labeled wrong. Does anyone remember the J Majik & Wikkaman tune that accidentally got pressed on one side of "Reece"?

Bacteria/Gas Mask is one I instantly remember having the sticker the wrong side. For some reason Gas Mask plays on 33rpm too while Bacteria is 45rpm...

Liquid V album with Commix - Hung Up. A & B side has the C & D stickers on the records.

Some others but can't remember at the top of my head.

Does anyone remember the J Majik & Wikkaman tune that accidentally got pressed on one side of "Reece"?

Yeh. I picked up a copy of that but haven't played it in years. Its called Taxi Driver apparently and isn't that expensive considering

http://www.discogs.com/Ed-Rush-Optical--J-Majik-Wickaman-Reece-Taxi-Driver/release/858117

also, don't forget the promo copies of LSB - Overthinking (Enei rmx) / This City from the Spearhead website where they pressed 10 copies of a different Enei rmx to the version that made the full release version

Last edited:
haha just remembered about the Bad Company Classics 3 plate EP - pretty much all of them were labelled wrong!

and speaking of fuck-ups, what about the Utopia Music debacle! I got one of those records for an investment

Back
Top Bottom