Drum & Bass Vinyl Misprints

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by DJ_Hysterika, Jan 9, 2014.

1. DJ_Hysterika

DJ_Hysterika Hysterika & Jonny Intense

I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed any misprints on new drum and bass vinyl? e.g. Phace's new EP Vitreous, seems that both sides of both vinyls are misprinted (I have other EPs that do the same). Are vinyl distributers screwing up and not putting the tracks on the right side or are label owners trying to make A side the B side? very annoying when i slam a track in and its actually the wrong side.
    Anyone else experience the same problem recently?

2. rythmatix

rythmatix Well-Known Member

I find it is getting quite common for the info to be on the A-side rather than the B-side, so always mark up what side is what as soon as I get new records...always check the etching too if its not clear what side is what by the labeling. There is the odd record that is mis-labeled (like Headroom VIP)

3. Hertz Promo

Hertz Promo Active Member

Guy at the pressing plant is hungover to fuck after a weekend smashing MDMA and JD. Goes to work on a Monday morning and does not really give a fuck about putting the stickers in the wrong way round

bn14, Dannyboy93, Mania and 3 others like this.
  4. DJ_Hysterika

Yeh i thought as much, glad im not the only person whos noticed. Thanks

5. hyperd4eva

hyperd4eva H&M SCARVES

I noticed a massive decline in the quality of the actual pressing of vinyl recently. Really flimsy and skips easy. so annoying

6. Dannyboy93

Dannyboy93 EL CAPITAIN

had this on Malachai & Voltage - Pure Acid EP, confused the hell out of me first time I spun it haha

7. DJ_Hysterika

yeh quality has been questionable on quite a few, my copy of Rregula - Barramundi experiment on vinyl was really quiet

8. Grade

Grade Active Member

Virus is / was terrible for this. e.g. Bacteria / Gasmask and Watermelon / Sick Note. I didn't know that Bacteria was Bacteria until the Pendulum remix came out

Afek_One likes this.
  9. DJ_Hysterika

i came across watermelon/sicknote in my local record store and didnt buy it on the basis that it was really bad quality....shame really, such a good tune

10. The Watcha

The Watcha Well-Known Member

Yeh same.

I got a repress of Mampi Swift's Resurrection EP where the labels are wrong on each plate + the wrong side. Like rythmatix said, just note them up to avoid confusion

I think thats just you Tone or you've had really bad luck. Haven't noticed any major decline in quality of vinyl over the last year / half a year. There's still the odd vinyl that is teacupped to fuck though

11. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

Yeah my copy of Watermelon is labeled wrong. Does anyone remember the J Majik & Wikkaman tune that accidentally got pressed on one side of "Reece"?

12. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Currently Putins Koala

Bacteria/Gas Mask is one I instantly remember having the sticker the wrong side. For some reason Gas Mask plays on 33rpm too while Bacteria is 45rpm...

Liquid V album with Commix - Hung Up. A & B side has the C & D stickers on the records.

Some others but can't remember at the top of my head.

13. The Watcha

The Watcha Well-Known Member

Yeh. I picked up a copy of that but haven't played it in years. Its called Taxi Driver apparently and isn't that expensive considering

http://www.discogs.com/Ed-Rush-Optical--J-Majik-Wickaman-Reece-Taxi-Driver/release/858117

also, don't forget the promo copies of LSB - Overthinking (Enei rmx) / This City from the Spearhead website where they pressed 10 copies of a different Enei rmx to the version that made the full release version

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  14. rythmatix

that's right - I have one of them :)

15. rythmatix

haha just remembered about the Bad Company Classics 3 plate EP - pretty much all of them were labelled wrong!

and speaking of fuck-ups, what about the Utopia Music debacle! I got one of those records for an investment

16. OneSeventy

OneSeventy Mohican Sun

Funny that the vinyl was fucked too. The MP3s that I got for that release were labelled incorrectly as well!