vinyl markers

RevTech

Butthole=output transduce
VIP Junglist
How puts markers on vinyl?

I'm wondering if this is really helpful. (I'm considering going to vinyl)

theres a technique that involves a credit card/id card and tape/cassette labels. you can also get some type of pen to mark the vinyl itself, or draw a line on the label pointing to a certain drop, etc. but yeah, you dont really need to mark vinyl unless youre doing some crazy hip hop set where youre making your own breaks, etc.

Try using the sticky parts of Rizzla's to mark the labels.
And use small cut up sqares of stiky paper to mark the playing surface.
I thought you already used vinyl Revtech?

Try using the sticky parts of Rizzla's to mark the labels.
And use small cut up sqares of stiky paper to mark the playing surface.
I thought you already used vinyl Revtech?

I used CDs and sometimes cassets. I would have to pay a lot to get shipments of vinyl so it was a money question. Don't have a job and all.

If I find a way to get vinyl cheaper and when get more better at knowing which tunes to buy.

I used CDs and sometimes cassets. I would have to pay a lot to get shipments of vinyl so it was a money question. Don't have a job and all.

If I find a way to get vinyl cheaper and when get more better at knowing which tunes to buy.

i get vinyl shipped from chemical-records to hawaii and its cheaper than buying the used (and quite ancient stuff) here. its even cheaper than if i was living in the UK, because i dont have to pay VAT. i just ordered another 4 records for $33. so just get more knowledge like you said, and hopefully find a way to make money and you could dj the vinyl way.

The ones that are good and that you like?

Although, having said that i doubt those two categories cross over.

Yeah, I like Lemon D, DJ Hazzard, Apex and some old skool jungle stuff.

I wouldn't be able to decide yet and it would cost me much to experiment.

50 dollars for 6 vinyl maybe? That's max 12 songs. When I get a job maybe but I still need one deck, which I wonder if I should get CD or vinyl. (I have one CD one, it has a vinyl on it, so I can feel like a vinyl but not play it)

So, does vinyl make that big a difference? And how much more money would I be saving when I buy a CD deck.

Yeah, I like Lemon D, DJ Hazzard, Apex and some old skool jungle stuff.

I wouldn't be able to decide yet and it would cost me much to experiment.

50 dollars for 6 vinyl maybe? That's max 12 songs. When I get a job maybe but I still need one deck, which I wonder if I should get CD or vinyl. (I have one CD one, it has a vinyl on it, so I can feel like a vinyl but not play it)

So, does vinyl make that big a difference? And how much more money would I be saving when I buy a CD deck.

so you say you already have 1 cdj? in that case, maybe you should go cds since its more cost effective for you and you're too young to be lawfully employed. but good cdjs start at about $250 (new). always look around online and local music shops and do your research first though. also, do u have a mixer? cuz u have to consider those costs too.

:rofl: cassettes?? How did you adjust the pitch to keep it in time? With the rewind and fast forward buttons?

I just mark a little line with a sharpy. thats only on battle/scratch records tho. for mixing full tracks i have no idea why ud need to mark your vinyl. i mean if u look at them u can see where they break down & if you know the track & know how to beat match. phrasing techniques become easy. ( idk how to spell phrasing..lol)

I recommend vinyl all day. Nothing compares to vinyl as far as sound quality plus its feels good to mix & collect. Crate by crate your collection grows. When I first got into spinning I was broke too & got a pair of belt drives for cheap and got a decent mixer. Id say spend more on the mixer than decks. Make shore u got good needles too. I’m not recommending belt drive if u can get direct but I was glad I went that way cause I could of spent an arm & a leg on the sickest set up and get tired of trying to learn basics and gave up on them. For me it didnt go that way I picked it up fairly fast and only became more serious. Some friends tho spent a small fortune on theres and gave it up. Your young tho & if you never had vinyl you might not know what your missing, just my opinion. If u think you like cdjs go that way, ether way its something new & fresh & what you really need to think is what you prefer.

For your case id say CDs all the way, you can download a tune @ 320kbps for £1.49 (GBP)from breakbeat.com and then you have it instantly, no waiting and paying for delivery.

CDs @ 320kbps is more then the quality you need to start off anyways, i don't know many people who can actually tell the difference to be perfectly honest. And on a big system you'd definately not be able to tell, so the vinyl over cds arguement is just silly. And anyways your vinyl only sound as good as your needles are anyways, which for a decent set is over £100! That all adds up in the long run!

This is only my opinion, do whatever makes sense! Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom