vinyl emulation

aladdin sane

is there any vinyl emulators that dont require additional hardware? just time coded vinyl and a soundcard into a laptop? ive been trying to find a way of playing my mp3s but so far ive not found traktor/ableton style programs to my liking ... i cant afford serato/tractor scratch but have been looking at things like virtual dj (stuff i can download basically) Has anybody else used this? am i right in thinking this doesnt need additional hardware?- apart from the vinyl... any help is much appreciated!

Ahhh mate i was in a club the other night,
The DJ behind the decks had 2 same vinyl and he was mixing MP3's out of his lappy,
At first i thought, cheeky lil wanker,
But then i though, i must have this!
If i see the guy again ill ask him =D
But a fucking good post,
Hopefully someone will answer,
instead of chesh here jus waffleing on and on and on and....

Ahhh mate i was in a club the other night,
The DJ behind the decks had 2 same vinyl and he was mixing MP3's out of his lappy,
At first i thought, cheeky lil wanker,
But then i though, i must have this!
If i see the guy again ill ask him =D
But a fucking good post,
Hopefully someone will answer,
instead of chesh here jus waffleing on and on and on and....

Thats time coded vinyls

you could go for ultramixer (there is a free version with less features) oder check out virtual dj.

these are booth tools where you can mix mp3s, you got everything on your pc monitor and can controll it with your mouse, but i recommend a midi controler such as one from hercules.

You can get this up and running with Mixxx if you follow the guide on their site, uses xwax i think which works with pretty much any commercial timecoded disc, seen it with the serato ones and it is ridiculously fast, also works on linux.

Back
Top Bottom