Vinyl decks to CDJ's.... opinions ?

_MILLA

Flamboyant muthafucka
VIP Junglist
Just got back from my mates house playin some cdj's for the first time!!

unfortunately he mixes hardstyle but i did have a crack at the little dnb he had there!
ashamed to admit it but i had more fun on them than i have on my own technics!!

ive only been mixin a year or so but im considering switching my technics for a set of cdjs!!

they were 100 times easier to use and i found i could do alot more and the mixes i was puttin out were sick!!

any thoughts or opinions on the matter ? i dont wanna switch and then regret it!!

cheers!

what!! 100 times easier to use? doubt that man.. anyway if you must- pioneer 850.. £600ish each.. Have usb port on them.. Recommending serato would be silly if you find vinyl difficult..

what!! 100 times easier to use? doubt that man.. anyway if you must- pioneer 850.. £600ish each.. Have usb port on them.. Recommending serato wold be silly if you find vinyl difficult..

thats what i thought mate, honestly i found mixing on cdj's waaay easier!!

this is funny, i got to use CJDs for the first time ever today, cdj950 , no problem really on the whole timecode thing, but fuck, just pure cd mixing ??? pain in the ass, i barely got it, you have to know your tunes bloody well ! hats of to anyone doing this all the time

this is funny, i got to use CJDs for the first time ever today, cdj950 , no problem really on the whole timecode thing, but fuck, just pure cd mixing ??? pain in the ass, i barely got it, you have to know your tunes bloody well ! hats of to anyone doing this all the time

But then you can edit tunes b4 you burn them to cd ect.... cant ya

^^ Yeh when you get used to it they aint bad, if you like to plan sets you can edit the intros to as short as you want, you can then do 3 deck style mixes on 2 cdjs :)

i'd say fuck cdj's and switch to serato.... just as good to mix on.. you can allocate cue points which is just the same as editing intro's plus its cheaper than buying a whole new set up

i'd say fuck cdj's and switch to serato.... just as good to mix on.. you can allocate cue points which is just the same as editing intro's plus its cheaper than buying a whole new set up

This. Plus, if someone calls for a rewind and once you start the track again and it's not at the beginning, it appears fishy. With serato, you can use the cue point forthe mix, then start from the actual beginning if it's rewound. Edited cd's are finite as with serato you have the whole tune to play with and manipulate.

^^ This is true, but for mixes that i think require a reload, leave the tune in tact and set a cue point up in memory before I start.. BOOM

Back
Top Bottom