Vinyl Care

Rubs90

KeyControl
VIP Junglist
Tomorrow I'm getting my very own first turntables shipped to me :)

I'm already making arrangements on vinyl purchases, but I could use some info first on care. I know vinyls are pretty fragile and can get overused easily. Anyone got some tips on how to preserve my vinyls as much as possible and keep their quality intact?

Also, should I hold a vinyl like a CD (on the edges not touching the middle part) or can I put my hand anywhere on the vinyl?

dont do wat i do!lol
which is take it out the sleeve mix it an then leave it on the floor an never pick it up!
until u mix it again!haha

replace them in sleeve, im not one to talk but ive fucked a fair few tunes due to scratches and scuffs.

dont stack them on top of eachother, they will warp, also dont leave them by heat.

you can buy stuff for old vinyl to replenish the sound, it wont take it back to the first play but it will make a big difference, gets rid of small scratches and hissing (sell it on htfr)

[Politrix];417911 said:
replace them in sleeve, im not one to talk but ive fucked a fair few tunes due to scratches and scuffs.

dont stack them on top of eachother, they will warp, also dont leave them by heat.

you can buy stuff for old vinyl to replenish the sound, it wont take it back to the first play but it will make a big difference, gets rid of small scratches and hissing (sell it on htfr)

aight thanks

Dont leave them outa the case is the best advice, I did a couple of times and the dust they attract is unreal.

If theye do get dusty wipe them gently with an anti static cloth :)

Get an anti static cleaning cloth for the dust they attract.
Try to touch the playing surface as little as possible.
And always replace them into there sleves.
You should be ok if you just look after them generaly.

Get an anti static cleaning cloth for the dust they attract.
Try to touch the playing surface as little as possible.
And always replace them into there sleves.
You should be ok if you just look after them generaly.

wots tht about? how u meant to mix / scratch? i no wot u mean about grubby fingerprints but that seriously cannot be avoided if ur a turntablist.

yer dont leave em outa sleeves and try to prevent any vinyl on vinyl crime. esppecialy stacking up a seriay amount of sleeveless vinyl. it actually makes me shudder to think of it!

Everyones pretty much said it all apart from KEEP THE VINYLS AWAY FROM BEER, RIBENA AND COKE!!

also i've heard you're not supposed to keep vinyls in smoky atmospheres...2nd hand smoke and all that

wots tht about? how u meant to mix / scratch? i no wot u mean about grubby fingerprints but that seriously cannot be avoided if ur a turntablist.

yer dont leave em outa sleeves and try to prevent any vinyl on vinyl crime. esppecialy stacking up a seriay amount of sleeveless vinyl. it actually makes me shudder to think of it!

If you just mix your records you can get away with cueing them at the outermost edge and pushing them round using the label.
If you are a turntablist you just have to accept your records are gonna get a little fucked lol.

Back
Top Bottom