Vinyl Care?

Keeno

How many of you guys have bought things to clean and care for your vinyls? Is it important?

my mate's got some nice anti-static spary he uses, I'm happy with a soft cloth to wipe down if its dusty.

store your records in a cool dry place, don't stack em flat on top of each other

mesh said:
my mate's got some nice anti-static spary he uses, I'm happy with a soft cloth to wipe down if its dusty.

store your records in a cool dry place, don't stack em flat on top of each other
:ditto:

i got this old school brush that belongs to my pops that cleans off the dust of the wax. you brush it as it rotates on the platter. It rules. :pat:

Take care of your vinyl and it will take care of you. Lighter fluid is just as good for cleaning vinyl as anti-static spray. Get a record cleaning brush though to get rid of the dust. Store upright... Cane the shit out the records though any time you can... they're to be played not archived.

where can i get a record brush? :shrug:
i'm too lazy to drive out to the local store and look. :rolleyes:

I got some of that blue shit in a bottle from hmv that comes with a red anti static cloth, works pretty well for gettin the shit off old records, also good on frequently used scratch/battle records that have got a layer of dead skin on them. nice!

I'm quite bad with my vinyl, use me hands to wipe any dust off :teeth:

yeah I always forget a cloth when I play out, and end up using the hem of my t-shirt

every 1 is going tho think i'm crazy, but if u get a duster,(the yellow ones with the orange/red bits on the edge) and wash it in hot soapy water not too much tho, use only the yellow bits touching on the record it works just as well as anything else i have used.
remember to squease the water out before u wipe

monster sound :)

Back
Top Bottom