Vinyl and DNB

As far as I am aware even producers using hardware will master their tracks as wavs and I doubt anyone actually uses dat tapes anymore. I am not 100% on this and at one point I was under impression that vinyl was the best quality however, a producer put the point. Forward to me on Dubstep forum that most producers finish a track as a Wav and therefore, a vinyl cannot be any better quality than that as a vinyl is pressed from a Wav.

True, but anything mastered to vinyl will generally be mastered through analogue equipment before being cut.

I think big DJs need to start playing vinyl again basically

Has the quality of live sets increased since they all switched to digital? No.

Also, free digital download with wax purchase should be standard across the board and should've been for years now.

Last edited:
Also, free digital download with wax purchase should be standard across the board and should've been for years now.

I happen to prefer vinyl masters because they aren't crushed to hell. So I'd rather just make a digital recording of the record anyway. I don't dj, though.

logically your right dagz
but logically a smart car is the car of choice for a commute to work.
but only spengs who don't like driving have those.

100% this haha.

Since getting serato i still buy vinyl, i just only bag the bangers. Gone are the days of laying down serious cash for disposable tunes im only gonna play 3 or 4 times.

Last edited:
Not guna contribute anything to this except, if you have any vinyl you don't want and are near the south, hit me up!

I think big DJs need to start playing vinyl again basically

Has the quality of live sets increased since they all switched to digital? No.

the quality of set would probably go up if clubs had full 8 core desktop PC`s for serato etc, laptops stutter and buffer about if you do anything more then blend a tune together, they also need 24" touchscreen monitors so you can drop and find your next tune with ease, using the scroll bar and finger or onscreen keyboard

I honestly find mixing vinyl out really easy and rewarding. The only issues i have is having to get taxi's to and from to save the mission. but if u get enough people down its much better.

I honestly find mixing vinyl out really easy and rewarding. The only issues i have is having to get taxi's to and from to save the mission. but if u get enough people down its much better.

I think this wouldnt be the case for DJs that play all across Europe and the UK etc. hence the move to digi

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't improve the quality though, which was my original point.

Yeah vinyl v wav is a totally different debate.

what is the connection between these two things?

vinyl you can chop n change and do rewinds, real dj`s chop a bar, and sling it back, not play tunes together and chop as they go along

with serato and deckadance etc, you can do all that, while looping bars and doing fx and playing samples on a full desktop PC

vinyl you can chop n change and do rewinds, real dj`s chop a bar, and sling it back, not play tunes together and chop as they go along

with serato and deckadance etc, you can do all that, while looping bars and doing fx and playing samples on a full desktop PC

my macbook can do all this stuff fine, what you chatting about a desktop noob?

I think this wouldnt be the case for DJs that play all across Europe and the UK etc. hence the move to digi

yeah if you play abroad fair enough. but local i really dont see why people make such a big deal out of how hard it is to play out.

my macbook can do all this stuff fine, what you chatting about a desktop noob?

if you have a vci-400 or another 4 deck controller, and do your battle mixing with hardcore or hip hop etc, laptops cant handle it, and you have to mess around to much on the lame little screen and the mouse pointer pad thing

the quality of set would probably go up if clubs had full 8 core desktop PC`s for serato etc, laptops stutter and buffer about if you do anything more then blend a tune together, they also need 24" touchscreen monitors so you can drop and find your next tune with ease, using the scroll bar and finger or onscreen keyboard

You have no idea what your talking about mate.

Ive run serato on my Acer Aspire S3 ultrabook for over 2 years with no issue, and before that i ran serato on a desktop pc with 1gb ram and 1.9ghz processor and, although it took a second or 2 longer to load the tune into RAM, there were no other problems.

Shush.

You have no idea what your talking about mate.

Ive run serato on my Acer Aspire S3 ultrabook for over 2 years with no issue, and before that i ran serato on a desktop pc with 1gb ram and 1.9ghz processor and, although it took a second or 2 longer to load the tune into RAM, there were no other problems.

Shush.

sling tunes and breaks about every 40 secs and they all start to crap out, deckadance is instant playability, on a desktop pc you have no buffer or stutter

Last edited:
sling tunes and breaks about every 40 secs and they all start to crap out, deckadance is instant playability, on a desktop pc you have no buffer or stutter

Not sure what your doing wrong then mate because serato has always been pretty flawless for me. Only time ive ever seen anyone have serato lagging problems is because they were using a machine that was terminally infested with all sorts of malware.

Not sure what your doing wrong then mate because serato has always been pretty flawless for me. Only time ive ever seen anyone have serato lagging problems is because they were using a machine that was terminally infested with all sorts of malware.

you said in another post tunes take a minute or 2 longer to load, thats good for liquid dnb and house, not other music

if you want instant playbility you need a desktop PC, if your a battle DJ you have already tunes your breaks and tunes, and having a spectro graph and picking up the 4/4 loop regions is`nt a priority when loading a new tune/loop onto a deck

if you have a 8 core desktop, then its 1 core for each deck, and 4 cores for everything else

Last edited:
you said in another post tunes take a minute or 2 longer to load, thats good for liquid dnb and house, not other music

if you want instant playbility you need a desktop PC, if your a battle DJ you have already tunes your breaks and tunes, and having a spectro graph and picking up the 4/4 loop regions is`nt a priority when loading a new tune/loop onto a deck

if you have a 8 core desktop, then its 1 core for each deck, and 4 cores for everything else

I said a second or 2, not a minute or 2 :P.

I have instant playability on my ultrabook mate, your talking out of your arse.

Back
Top Bottom