Vinyl: 2 x 12" / 2 x 10" 4 track EP

Will there ever be double vinyl EPs again?

• Yes

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Don't be silly

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Check the June Miller - Up & Down EP thread.

2ahulxt.jpg

Last edited:
I thought the days of buying an EP for one decent tune were long past until that DLR & Mako double pack came out, but in fairness I've bought a few solid 2 x 12"s this year. Subtle Audio Volume 3 being one of them, a few Invisible bits, those Exit Mosaic things were this year too weren't they? Or was that 2013?

first page of redeye and there is 3 releases 2 x 12", June Millers - Ups and Downs, Mefjus - Emulation and Hybris - emergence, granted there is not as many as there used to be but labels are still doing it and always will until vinyl is not being pressed anymore

Re: Vinyl: 2 x 12" / 2 x 10" 4 track EP

It's all about cost isn't it?

I remember the Dope Dragon combustion EP all those years ago being sold at retail for £5.00. I bet cost isn't far off that these days!!

- - - Updated - - -

Mefjus - Emulation

This one doesn't count as it was moulded on the thighs of a virgin and each individual groove contains traces of cocaine, mdma and pure gold, hence the retail rate of £25,000 for a double vinyl....

first page of redeye and there is 3 releases 2 x 12", June Millers - Ups and Downs, Mefjus - Emulation and Hybris - emergence, granted there is not as many as there used to be but labels are still doing it and always will until vinyl is not being pressed anymore

Yes, it's clearly more a more popular format than ever before. I stand corrected.

- - - Updated - - -

It's all about cost isn't it?

Defo, cost & liability from the label's point of view I guess. I was interested to see box sets re-emerge at the same time as a lot of labels were moving to 4 track single vinyl eps though - much higher cost/risk

Yes, it's clearly more a more popular format than ever before. I stand corrected.

don't think it's more popular than when I started collecting vinyl's around 3 years ago, from what I remember there was loads more then than there is now

you realise there are 10 tunes a side on that Hybris pressing, right?

Presence was a 2 x 12" 4 track EP, but the truth is the market is dictating the move away from these. It may not seem like it if you read this forum a lot but people are generally preferring to buy EP's with more music for less money. We endeavour to keep ours at 2 a side to maintain the optimum volume levels but it's obvious it doesn't matter to a lot of people. It almost seems like a majority of people are now buying vinyl versions of records to put on their shelves….

Presence was a 2 x 12" 4 track EP, but the truth is the market is dictating the move away from these. It may not seem like it if you read this forum a lot but people are generally preferring to buy EP's with more music for less money. We endeavour to keep ours at 2 a side to maintain the optimum volume levels but it's obvious it doesn't matter to a lot of people. It almost seems like a majority of people are now buying vinyl versions of records to put on their shelves….

I'm one of those guys haha. I see a vinyl release as way more than just a slab of plastic with some tunes on it. The artwork plays a huge part for me. Most of my sleeves are framed up in my bedroom.

Back
Top Bottom