Vidual - Tyranno | Neurofunk

I'm on it.

---------- Post added at 22:36 ---------- Previous post was at 22:27 ----------

Cool ambience, very fitting.

The beats are really good quality, they punch and boom just the right way, and their groove is good although it's hard to go wrong with the 2step haha! The fills involving all the elements add to the feeling of a hasty piece which is what you indended I guess.

My gripe comes with the bass. At some points it sounds very digitally distorted, like it's just been too loud at some point in the chain. Some more controlled distortion could work better and give it a softer edge, like this it sounds pretty much like there's just a distortion over it all. Some more controlled and discrete distortion & saturation from a few different units can sound more natural. Otherwise the mixdown is good as well. Everything is in it's right place. Only the bass' tearout mids sound that they're going overboard.

Thanks again for the indepth comments on my tracks, it is much appriceated.

That's an excellent point, i'll try and, see how it goes, if i tame the main reese a little bit, Good post!

Digital distrotion.. ugghhh yeah, it sounds horrible i bet haha, to bad i couldn't really hear it that way my self.

Very good post.

Funny thing is, i tried a new technique, creating a mix from the start, so i never did a mixdown in the end, just slight balancing. Seemed to work good this way, and i saved some time as well.

Just have to decide if its worthwhile, but i'm thinking it's counterproductive as i wasn't sure about the mixdown, still ain't really.

Last edited:
just a tip! Rather than adding automation to the notes of the reese, try that the automation you put, have some coherence with the kick and snere.
e.g.: when the snare is coming open up the freq, in before the kick comes in you can close the freq down or open it. If you open the freq before the kick leads in, the kick will sound more tight and punchy, if you close the freq quick just before the kick kicks in (lol) it will sound much boomier and subbier.

---------- Post added at 19:59 ---------- Previous post was at 19:58 ----------

btw, tight track!! I actually like it, but I see it more like a hard Techsteppy roller than Neurofunk

It's kind of a 2 edged sword. On the other hand you wont (wouldn't) have to worry about the balance and minor sonic details while you're in the productive and creative gear, but then again you might leave too much to hang just in the mixdown, and leave things to be fixed at that point, that really cant be fixed with simple balancing of sounds or EQing. It's hard finding a balance.

Yep half now half then's probably the best, but this was just a test project to try out this method, and even though it goes on with my workflow pretty well, it's too damn difficult to decide in the end as i am quite unsure myself, So i'll probably just carry on doing half while being at the " creative stage " You know.. all these little things need to be tested, before you really know. Especially counting the fact that i am only " 8 months old " i've still got craploads to test ;)

And Neomind: I'll keep that in mind, that'll come useful with the next track i'm working on. Also a good post!

really good tune! loving the intro. main bass could be a lil bit cleaner as said before, and mixdown could be better, nonetheless, big ups!!

Back
Top Bottom