Vidual - Centipede

really techy, and solid, im only listening quietly but it seems the high part of the bass mayb too loud i dunno see what others say? im feeling this tho man seems a tad bit more refined than what i usualy hear from u, a bit cleaner you know? dont mean that in an offensive way

Hehe yeah really took my time with this one. Thanks a lot, yeah i really went crazy with the stereo image on this one, and boosted the bass ( Which is very wide on the top ) so turning it down will be a breeze with a M/S eq.

Thanks for this.

Aoutch.
tough one really love it. You are right i would lower the bass but just a little.
Not very fan of the upper layer of your bass. It's quite nice but not to make an entire patern.
Great synthesis.
Stereo imaging at the beginning is a bit too much too. But the narrowing of the kick snare stereo image is really interesting. Maybe try to go from a less wide image?
Can i ask what have you been using for this?

Last edited:
Yeah interesting tips man, it's all crazy in the intro.. and when it drops it's all good, all the bottom end is mono.. kicks snares .. sit nice and tight in the center...
Exactly what do you mean, by " What i have been using for this ? " If, The stereo image , then it's some good old manual style panning, to the left and right.. yet i processed everything after that individually with M/S Compression and M/S Equalisation. Never used this technique before so,... sure was interesting. Very powerful stuff.

The question was more about your bass/lead synthesis.
But what do you mean byt M/S compression and EQ?
i know the stereo imaging m/s but not those.

Oh, I synthesize everything with Zebra because i had to decide on a workhorse Synth. And it being more powerful than Massive etc.. so it's a perfect thing for me...
Oh Mid / Side compression and eq for more stereo control like, i can have more dynamics in the sides etc and the middle stuff is a little bit more compressed etc...

If you want to i can give a detailed guide how i did, the bass. well as much as i can remember... because it's resampled many many times.

The workhorse thing is a great plan. I do it myself with some other synths.
Your M/S thing is done by a special pluggin? or you have split the mid and the side things and compressed them differently?

In fact i'm interested in your ability to have a powerfull bass along a hard kick.
You sidechained your bass don't you? quick attack quick release?

As i i'm not very interested in the top layer you can-if you have time- tell me some stuff about your basic bass buildup yes.

Thx a lot mate.

Hey man is this the same thing you sent me a few days ago?

If so, it's all good. I cant think of anything to change. The stereo thing is cool, and once the sub starts it gets really funky.

The ride thing complements the beats really nicely, I would've wanted to hear more of it!

Back
Top Bottom