Video from Shogun @ The Lightbox. Big vibes, check it out!

so glad you got uprising vip and heavyweight on film! pure gold.

but i'm struggling to understand how he's using the buttons to switch the bass lines, rather than actually turning the filter knobs.
because he's not eqing the bass anywhere else in the channel... when you by-pass the filters it's just the (un)eqed sound of the channel. so it'd just be both bass playing at once even if you have one with a filter on and the other off?!!?
or am i completely missing the point?!

edit 1 - i've just confused myself more watching the video again. guess it'd help to know what's playing either side of the mixer.

edit 2 - he definatly has a very interesting filtering technique.

Last edited:
so glad you got uprising vip and heavyweight on film! pure gold.

but i'm struggling to understand how he's using the buttons to switch the bass lines, rather than actually turning the filter knobs.
because he's not eqing the bass anywhere else in the channel... when you by-pass the filters it's just the (un)eqed sound of the channel. so it'd just be both bass playing at once even if you have one with a filter on and the other off?!!?
or am i completely missing the point?!

edit 1 - i've just confused myself more watching the video again. guess it'd help to know what's playing either side of the mixer.

edit 2 - he definatly has a very interesting filtering technique.

It's all about the Andy C filter technique, that is some rowdy stuff, although I bet he's pissed everytime he lands himself on a pioneer lol

Personally I prefer the standard equing man, at least that can be done on every single mixer around the country, best stick to what you know and then perfect it imo

It's all about the Andy C filter technique, that is some rowdy stuff, although I bet he's pissed everytime he lands himself on a pioneer lol

Personally I prefer the standard equing man, at least that can be done on every single mixer around the country, best stick to what you know and then perfect it imo

i recently heard andy refuses to play on pioneer mixers

yeh that set is one of my favourites of his, wasnt aware it was a pioneer mixer. thats just what id heard, i also heard he has all his tunes cut to the same speed...

yeh that set is one of my favourites of his, wasnt aware it was a pioneer mixer. thats just what id heard, i also heard he has all his tunes cut to the same speed...

Please delete that last post before some one gets hurt

Back
Top Bottom