Vici0u$-BeatZ : A Marine and His Rifle

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by vicious-beats, Oct 17, 2009.

1. vicious-beats

vicious-beats Member

I reckon this is maybe my 5th full track I've produced so I'll take all the help and comments I can get good or bad. Thinking of reducing the volume of the sample in the breakdown. And now its on soundlcloud its all gone a bit muffled in places so will probably re set all the levels and rework it soon. Trying to work a bit more out of my synths I hope.

Also trying to get a bit darker.

http://soundcloud.com/vicious-beats/a-marine-and-his-rifle

2. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

Good tune. I like the drums. Punchy and got a bit of feeling in the hats. You got some good synth noises going on.
    Maybe felt it was just starting to drag a bit before the first breakdown.
    Perhaps you could put a little more reverb/stereo widening on the pad? I was thinking a swirling type effect, touch of movement.
    But over-all I thought that was really good. Nice one.

3. Zeal

Zeal Ohm/C2D/Dark Asylum/Ennex

locked..........

intro needs more going on, got a bit long before drums came in

also once it dropped the bass and such stayed the same, kinda gave it all away before the big moment if ya get me

drums aint too bad, defo need to be harder imo

4. rob_del_terror

rob_del_terror - ̿ ̿'̵͇̿̿з=(•̪●)=ε

yeah i thought the intro was a bit boring, 1st drop was sweet, the second drop did it for me tho, that synth building up to the drop definitely works. TUNE.

also, wicked sample from a wicked film ;)

5. vicious-beats

vicious-beats Member

Cheers fellas, seem to struggle with the intros tbh, I've started thinking about and working on what you've all said. I'll post back up here when I get the time to rework it and see what you think then (problem is I got something new going now after watching a couple of the masterclass videos on youtube :rolleyes: always happens. When I learn something new i always seem to start a new track).

Appreciate the comments, always very helpful to me.

6. Lucidproduction

Lucidproduction i aint fraid of no ghosts

i like the beat man, its got some grime to it...

good sound.

definatly wot zeal sed, u gotta save ur bass for the drop. u dont wanna pre-ejaculate that shit!!!

7. vicious-beats

vicious-beats Member

You're not doing my rep with the ladies any favours :D So I need to take things a bit slower, don't give too much away to early, and stop my premature ejaculation, oh and some bits need to be harder - maybe I post this track up in Mens Heath lol!

You'll be telling me I need to work on my bongos next.

Was it even long enough? (joking) Going to have to rework this now to redeem myself ha ha!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  8. Zeal

Zeal Ohm/C2D/Dark Asylum/Ennex

9. msmith222

msmith222 redbeard

most everything has been said already. overall it sounds real good, just needs a little of the reworking listed above. you should definitely keep at it man, sounds are pretty solid...

10. vicious-beats

vicious-beats Member

Thanks man appreciate the comments. Going to have to come up with some sort of method to become more creative for the intros, my mind seems to be ok when coming up with a main tune but I go blank when I try to work my way into it without using the same parts and giving it away as is the case here.

I guess the only secret is to spend more time on tracks, saving multiple versions while trying lots of new things until you get something that works. I'll get on it when I finish what I'm working on now. Maybe get some inspiration if I don't listen to it for a while.