Vestax or Technics

Don't go there, this thread has been beaten to death. So do a search. In summary: If you're a good turntablist, you can do more with the Vestax PDX. If you buy a pair without being able to play and you learn on them, then you're going to be dead in the first club you play that has 1210s (my mistake). If you learn on Technics, you will be able to play on Vestax later. Plus Technics have a high resale value. Then again, the Vestax PDX is a dream to play. This topic is even worse than cd vs vinyl so I regret mentioning it twice today.

I learn't on technics and own m5G's, im more of a blender rarther than being a turntablist. I like the smooth feel of the pitch control and the ease of use when adjusting pitch slightly to ensure track doesn't go out of sync, it's got just the right feel to it. Im always looking to improve my set-up hence resent addition of djm-800 and cdj-1000, would u say that the vestax would be a further improvement??? If you could point me in right direction of threads relating to this or any reviews would be much appreciated

Ohh by the way, i presume it is generally technics in most clubs??

90% of clubs have Technics. The rest have crap or Vestax.

The PDX has incredible pitch and it locks better than a m5G. But if you want to blend and are good with Technics, you don't need a Vestax. If you want to learn to scratch, get one. And if you've got the money, upgrade the mixer...

Do a search in this forum - key words Vestax Technics.

Thanks man. Decided there's no need for vestax. I am not a fan of turntablism whatsoever, for blending I think technics are probably top dog. As regards to pitch lock, can run two tracks start to finish with only minor slider adjustments so must be pretty solid, but as I have never used vestax I will leave that for the jury to decide.

Just out of interest my mate has technics 1210 mk2 and he recons that my decks being m5g's are looser. How is this possible, I thought they both had the same motor and quartz lock etc, I put it down to unfamiliarity of my equipment, is this the case?

Last edited:
Yea, basically, if you just want to mix records and maybe have a gentle scratch, Technics are absolutely fine.

If you're into doing some mad shit, then Vestax will probably be more useful to you.

Seriously - You've got a lot of very expensive and good equipment. You don't anything more until you become Dj Hype. Use the money for vinyl and cds. Better equipment (i.e. the absolute top end) is for the djs that need the best.

PLATOS%20VESTAX%20PDX%202000%20MKII.jpg

=

ufo-source.jpg

:teeth:

Yea, basically, if you just want to mix records and maybe have a gentle scratch, Technics are absolutely fine.

If you're into doing some mad shit, then Vestax will probably be more useful to you.

Not the case at all...it has something to do with the tonearm.

Its A day & night issue.

Ive had both and prefer Techs hands down...for whatever

Back
Top Bottom