Very first DnB. Comments welcome.

The lead instruments remind me of an 8bit video game, and don't sound very dnb. I'd try out some different presets. You could also reduce their volume and bring up the volume of the drums instead. The vocals worked for me. Not bad for your first tune.

Check threads and tutorials on beefing up your drums, just do a forum search and you should find tons.

Nice work though!

ye got a real weird 80s game vibe to it but i actually like it. hi hats have got a nice rhythm but the drums in general need to be much more prominent and punching through the mix.

Thanks to everyone for taking their time to give feedback.

I completely agree with the drums not being beefy enough and the synths not being very "drum and bassy". I really tried to make the drop a bit punchier, but had some issues with the overall levels I didn't know how to deal with. Basically, my levels were through the roof and my whole mix felt pretty quiet, but the meters were almost clipping. So there wasn't a lot of headroom to work with.

Take care !

Thanks to everyone for taking their time to give feedback.

I completely agree with the drums not being beefy enough and the synths not being very "drum and bassy". I really tried to make the drop a bit punchier, but had some issues with the overall levels I didn't know how to deal with. Basically, my levels were through the roof and my whole mix felt pretty quiet, but the meters were almost clipping. So there wasn't a lot of headroom to work with.

Take care !

Don't worry about mastering issues when you are starting out. Just turn down the levels and focus on getting the mix the way you want it. If the overall song sounds a bit quiet, that's ok, I can turn up the volume on my stereo a bit.

Back
Top Bottom