Vengeance Packs for Drums

earwax

What Vengence sample pack(s) are best for D&B drums? I need snare and bass drum hits. I have been trying to produce for a few years but never tried Vengeance.

As far as I know (listening to the preview of the samples) you have the "essential clubsounds" and under this pack, you have the "breakbeat kick" folder...

Mate, i wouldnt waste money on any sample packs for dnb drums, theres enough free samples out there to make your own, layer, layer, layer, bounce, layer, layer, layer, bounce.....

even just chop up a load of breaks to isolate the kicks and play about with them to make your own

If I keep practicing, will my layered drums ever sound like that?
I'm getting closer, but not close enough yet...

Lol i got full veng pack for free, you can get it too, just do some searching. I like this pack altho there is a lot of crap too. I find the UK trance kicks folder the most useful, got some nice punchy kicks. Its under veng essential club sounds vol2 folder. I use veng mainly for fx, layering stuff and some breaks/beats too.

Some decent samples I've found are in pack called "Underground Drumstep - Zenhiser"
Especially for Snares, the kicks might seem a bit low for DnB but it depends on what you are creating.

Some decent samples I've found are in pack called "Underground Drumstep - Zenhiser"
Especially for Snares, the kicks might seem a bit low for DnB but it depends on what you are creating.

Zenhiser has pretty good drums samples. Many cheap sample packs. I also use the BHK drum samples, and have that Blokhe4d sample pack (some good drums sounds in there). Goldbaby has some good samples as well. There are much better and cheaper drum sample packs out there than Vengeance.

With snares Ive just been layering a distorted/overdrive clap with one punchy snare, sounds phat. Kicks I do struggle on I think its more the actual sound itself.

I appreciate all the advice and I encourage anyone to speak their piece......

BUT IS THERE ANYONE WHO ACTUALLY LIKES THE VENGEANCE PACKS THAT CAN GIVE ME A RECOMMENDATION ON WHICH WOULD BE GOOD FOR DNB?

I persist because I have come across a lot a of dnb heads on the internet who swear by vengeance drums.

I've never found any decent snare hits in vengeance pack, for dnb anyway

I appreciate all the advice and I encourage anyone to speak their piece......

BUT IS THERE ANYONE WHO ACTUALLY LIKES THE VENGEANCE PACKS THAT CAN GIVE ME A RECOMMENDATION ON WHICH WOULD BE GOOD FOR DNB?

I persist because I have come across a lot a of dnb heads on the internet who swear by vengeance drums.

Hipsters

Hate to be captain obvious here, but a track isn't 100% kick and snare. If you do your own thing with most other aspects of production, and use vengeance kicks + snares, you won't sound exactly the same as everyone else.

I know right? Hipsters just love to hate on vengeance because every other hipster is hating on vengeance. Hipsters haha

Look, the dude is asking a legitimate question. He had heard that vengeance samples are good, now he wants to know which would be good to use for DnB. Unless a good reason can be argued as to why they shouldn't be used, rather keep q. Hipsters be like jeez I can definitely hear that track used hihat number 31 from vengeance essential house volume 4

How about some advice like - I think before worrying about vengeance, rather find out what types of kicks are used in DnB and why. And by all means I'm not a guru. I'd also like to know. That way I could make my own informed decisions regarding what makes a good DnB sample and what doesn't.

I would say it depends on the track you are creating. Some tracks are kick heavy and therefore there is not much space for sub. Other tracks have the kick peaking at 90 / 100 hz which means that there will be room for sub.

Limiting myself to just the Vengeance packs - If I was looking for a heavy weighted kick I would say the vengeance electro and club packs are good. For higher / lighter weighted kicks - I'd hazard a guess at maybe the essential house kicks and electro kicks pitched up. Maybe find some tech kicks if they have tech kicks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find most dnb sample packs are really tacky and sound so typical. Also I seen to remember one of the Vengeance sample packs having the same Kick and just layering a different hi hat over the top.

Only buy them if you have money to waste and want to sound like everyone else.

It takes a bit of effort but just browse online and you'll find some decent stuff for free

Back
Top Bottom