vengeance club snares

Innovine

bah. is it just me, or do all of these 'snares'' just sound like a burst of noise, chopped off at the end?

Recommend any sample pack containg a little more natural sounding snares? I want to do some dark, minimal dnb with a sort of organic feel rather than techy-glitchy computery tones and these vengeance synth noise snares are not really doing it for me.

Last edited:
vengeance house packs are pretty good for drum hits, dunno if its what ur looking for but they are much better than the club essential packs by a mile.

the great and refreshing thing about minimal is using anything but snares as your snares. get yourself a mic and go hit some things ;)

the great and refreshing thing about minimal is using anything but snares as your snares. get yourself a mic and go hit some things ;)

This is the best advice! :D I love recording with my portable recorder to sample all kinds of smashing glass, breaking wood, birds, etc.. Then I process these recordings and use them as layers in my tracks. Gives the best results so far!

How is that the best advice? You clearly need better speakers if you think birds and broken glass sound like snare drums.
I want snare drum sounds. Oh, forget I ever asked!

How is that the best advice? You clearly need better speakers if you think birds and broken glass sound like snare drums.

Whoa wind ya neck in fella! These guys are trying to help you out. Theyre giving ideas to help think outside the box, no need to get all anal about it!

And to be fair, why dont you just google snare samples? My bet is youll find thousands. Problem solved!

Yeah man, seriously, you can't do bird chirp you don't even icicle.

To be fair he asked for natural snares and got glass and birds. I agree with google, and also the things like Battery and such forth come with libraries that have natural snares. Radar had a drum hits pack? I'll check tomorrow to see if I have anything worth uploading.

So layer some vengeance snares together and add effects until you have a snare that you like.

you asked in the context of "minimal dnb" and sticking a solitary snare every 2 and 4 is a rather difficult way about making something "organic" sounding unless you build up a whole break beat which would be difficult to make interesting across a 5/6 minute minimal track. imo, fwiw etc...

and i've seen you make fairly informed posts and you've been around awhile, so i figured you know how to go about finding natural drum samples and were seeking specific recommendations on making non-computer sounding minimal.

now making a snare-type sound is from non-snares requires tweaking the envelope of the sample, creating a plausible transient and possibly applying some type of room verb (or convolution) if it lacks "air". layering, pitching are also handy. :cheerlead

I found a few more natural sounding samples in the kj sawka pack. Maybe something like BFD or Superior Drummer will be worth a look too.

Now if he knows he is looking for natural sounding snares than he could search for natural sounding snares? Just type in accoustic drum samples in google and you'll be done, or record some live drums. Happy now, jeezz..

for organic snares look for jungle sample packs from loopmasters for minimal snare try and combine 2 or 3 snares or sounds like a clap, organic and hard snare and up the tone to make punchy and over drive and eq untill it sounds good

Back
Top Bottom