Vdj with timecode set up problems

Disturbd

DnB
VIP Junglist
I had a pair of Stanton Direct Drives and a herc mixer with vdj setup with timecodes and the herc mixer died so I bought a normal mixer thought I'd go the full haul and get some 1210mk2 and a Maya 44 soundcard to use the timecodes since I've got it all up and running I can't seem to keep a mix in now and its taking ages for the pitch to move up and down when I'm adjusting it so by the time I've got it sounding in pitch it seems to be moving any ideas
Please someone help

I had a pair of Stanton Direct Drives and a herc mixer with vdj setup with timecodes and the herc mixer died so I bought a normal mixer thought I'd go the full haul and get some 1210mk2 and a Maya 44 soundcard to use the timecodes since I've got it all up and running I can't seem to keep a mix in now and its taking ages for the pitch to move up and down when I'm adjusting it so by the time I've got it sounding in pitch it seems to be moving any ideas
Please someone help

Highly recomend longing off VDJ and getting something like iscratch Mixlive, cant stress enough how sick of a budget dvs it is (approx £50). Wayyyyy back i tried to get timecodes working on vdj...think that was the last time i used it. Pile of shit.

whats this iscratch mixlive you speak of? would it work with cdjs and such... cos im getting pretty bored of burning cds all the time

- - - Updated - - -

no it doesnt work with cdjs :/ would else is there that doesnt cost bare too much money

whats this iscratch mixlive you speak of? would it work with cdjs and such... cos im getting pretty bored of burning cds all the time

- - - Updated - - -

no it doesnt work with cdjs :/ would else is there that doesnt cost bare too much money

Yep it does mate. Comes with 2 control cd's. Used em on my mates denon's and my other mates cdj1000's.

Yeah fair enough, 40 quid isn't too much to worry about wasting but it can't be anywhere near as good as sl1 even

I challenge you to find a decent dvs for less than that lol.

Its perfectly fine man, little to no latency, user interface cant be faulted, and the price is sick.

When ive got into bad financial trouble ive considered selling sl4 and getting iscratch again lol.

Just seems strange that ive never heard of it or seen it if its any good

Basically back when i first started wanting to buy a DVS i couldnt afford serato, so started googling around for budget alternatives. Checked out youtube reviews on it, then hopped on whybuynew and found it for £40. It did the job perfectly, only reason why i flogged it and got serato is because i was financing a xone 92 anyway so financed sl4 and the 92 together.

It absolutely demolishes the maya + vdj "solution", and isnt far off traktor/serato imo.

If you could use iscratch with the serato software i probably wouldnt have got sl4 haha.

Now show me one that actually includes the soundcard ;).

ha, fair enough, cant beat that!

I was gonna mention the soundcard, as its that what youre essentially paying for. The same goes for both Traktor and serato, the majority of the investment with any DVS is the soundcard itself.

I do think that the aforementioned heavyweights do have some great hardware and it is worth the asking price to get good DAC's for a live situation, I wouldn't argue with home use, but if you want your music to sound the best that it can do, go pro.

ha, fair enough, cant beat that!

I was gonna mention the soundcard, as its that what youre essentially paying for. The same goes for both Traktor and serato, the majority of the investment with any DVS is the soundcard itself.

I do think that the aforementioned heavyweights do have some great hardware and it is worth the asking price to get good DAC's for a live situation, I wouldn't argue with home use, but if you want your music to sound the best that it can do, go pro.

Well considering the serato software is free, 100% of the investment is the soundcard lol.

Yeah i agree totally, but we're talking about budget alternatives, and with budget alternatives there is going to be some sacrifice. Personally i couldnt see much of a sacrifice at all when i used iscratch, it worked perfectly.

But i agree, havent looked back since getting serato :).

my cdjs have midi out... could i get serato for free then use midi out for an hid connection?

Havent got a clue mate. Not a cdj man.

I remember trying to get HID working on my pals cdj2000's last year and it just wasnt having it lol.

We've seriously hijacked this poor fella's thread by the way lol.

My final thoughts for OP: Dont use VDJ.

Back
Top Bottom