VARIOUS ARTISTS - STEPBACK SESSIONS VOLUME 3 - MAC 2 RECORDS

A-JAY

VIP Junglist
World famous DJ Randall is in the house once again with his brilliant StepBack Sessions, Vol. 3. The man who brought tight mixing skills to jungle/Drum & Bass back in the day returns home to his label Mac 2 Records, where we see some old school tracks get the remix treatment they deserve. If you can remember way back then, lets say mid 90's to be precise, where producers like Tom & Jerry, Slipmatt, Gappa G & Hypa Hypa, all ran the jungle scene with some killer tracks that bring back so many memories to old ravers and people like myself. But here we see all those classics get a good old remixing by some of the key producers in the current game. First off we get the incredible sounds of "Information Centre", which back in the day would send ravers crazy on the dance floor. Serum gets to work hard on the beats and bass while sticking to the original template of this once so massive tune. Moving on now to my personal favourite on the EP, which is a track that made so many ravers put their hands in the air on a weekly basis at party's up and down the country. Manchester's own Dawn Raid teams up with North West's A-Jay to create a classic remix for Slipmatt's "Breaking Free". Huge vocals come over your body and leaves a tingling sensation while the hard chopped up amen breaks and deep one-note sub punches you right in the gut. This one is a big track on the whole EP and will be in my set for months to come, trust me. On to track number 3 now and we see DJ Vapour get to grips with FBD Project's "The Core" which again is another top notch remix. Heavy beats and heavy bass merge well with some key tripped out samples that will take your mind on a journey and beyond. Last but not least we come to Aries remix of Tom & Jerry's "All Of My", which again is another monster remix. Old school limb break takes control while the deep deadly subs take over your speaker box. Not forgetting the array of ragga samples and RnB snippets that goes with the track that make this one a big boy roller. All in all not a bad EP we have here as Randall takes us back to when jungle music was about massive amens, big basslines and just having fun. Out in your shops now!

Words: DJ Silver

Last edited:
Bit weird putting out information centre remixed by serum when bladerunner did an amazing remix not that that long ago (on stepback sessions 2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juh4OfBvgf4

looking forward to hearing the new ep tho, gonna go find me some audio somewhere!

its coming out cos peeps wanted it

---------- Post added at 13:37 ---------- Previous post was at 13:36 ----------

nice one!! love those remixes of classics!!

bought volume 2 and love it. is volume 1 still available somewhere?

volume 1 has sold out now

---------- Post added at 13:39 ---------- Previous post was at 13:37 ----------

http://soundcloud.com/keynote/sets/stepback-sessions-vol-3/

audio ^^^

---------- Post added at 13:40 ---------- Previous post was at 13:39 ----------

http://soundcloud.com/keynote/sets/stepback-sessions-vol-3/

audio ^^^

Big shout to MC Ajay, Max One, Carlos and all the old Step-Back Crew! One Love...

Cant fucking wait to get my teeth into that Breaking Free remix...

Wicked series...pure fire! Booooyyyaaaa!!! :bounce:

A quality update of Breaking Free as well.

Big up A-Jay and Dawn!

Nice one glox :)

---------- Post added at 11:21 ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 ----------

Bit weird putting out information centre remixed by serum when bladerunner did an amazing remix not that that long ago (on stepback sessions 2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juh4OfBvgf4

looking forward to hearing the new ep tho, gonna go find me some audio somewhere!

to be honest mate back in 93 when it came out there were 4 different versions on a 10" ep then ray keith got hold of it as well a year or so later , these 2 remixes defo caputre the versions that were big back in the day perfectly :)

Back
Top Bottom