Various - 'Anything & Everything 2' (Commercial Suicide)

Mulla

Digital Future
VIP Junglist
"Anything and Everything vol.2" - Various (Commercial Suicide) :thumbsup:

Klute keeps up his policy of consistently excellent releases with this tasty little double pack featuring some of the scene's hottest names.
First up, Calibre brings you 'Proof Positive'. Kicking off with some nice bandy guitar and solid beats, the intro is laced with vocal 'Oooh's and 'Oh Yeah's before the geetar fades out. Soon after your treated to one of Calibre's erupting drops, with a nice wobbly b-line and the aforementioned vox. My one gripe about this is that without the guitar riff, it sounds a little to similar to 'Fire & Water' for me, but fuck it, its still a great tune and Im looking forward to seeing the reaction it gets on the dancefloor.
Next up, its the man himself (Klute) getting funky for ya. When Id heard this played out previously I thought it was maybe a Zinc thing, so that should give you a pretty good impression of what its like. Soft, muted bass and crisp beats make this a nice little roller, and its also a nice tune to mix. Another quality tune from Klute.
Total Science step up next to offer you 'Weekend World' and my personal favourite on the ep. An interesting little melody leads the way into a riff that reminds me of 'Philly X' given a re-jig. Then, as youve probably guessed, a quiet beat teases you before the main drop hits you full on! All the cynics may say that this tunes another example of how T.S. use the same formula in all their tunes, and to an extent, Id say they do. But who cares, its a fucking good formula, and if it aint broke, dont fix it!
New Zealander's Concord Dawn seem to be able to do no wrong at the moment, offering the marvellous 'Take Me Away'. Probably the most melodic tune on the album, hard steppy beats make way for a smooth female vocal begging you to take her away from here. Just as you drop your guard, in creeps the bassline and then comes the drop! If youve heard any of their previous offerings, you'll know wot to expect! Anyway, a house-y rythym sails along with the tune all the way through making this one a sure-fire dancefloor smasher.
All in all this is a top-class ep. There are no fillers, every tunes wikked - how many ep's can offer you that?

nb. Interesting Little Fact - Someone at the distribution company scratched 'Big Up All N.Z. Crack Whores' onto that little bit of blank vinyl where they scratch the cat. no.!!! Nice!!!

Re: Various - 'Anything & Everything 2' (Commercial Suic

Top quality EP. Been playing every single one of these out recently to good response. Especially the Science and Dawn pieces. Dirty and heavy business. By th way Science track is entitled My World.
:slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

Re: Various - 'Anything & Everything 2' (Commercial Suic

DJAccess said:
By th way Science track is entitled My World.

Ha ha! Yeah mate I realised that yesterday and was gonna edit it, but someone beat me to it!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom