Variation 3 Deck Mix - Septemberizzle

sam the dnb man

Variation
VIP Junglist
Heres a mix I did for the Fractured Foundation DJ comp, I was too late to enter though!

Feedback will receive good rep wether its good or bad.

Hybris - Crumbled
>> Mortem - Monovelver
>> Amoss - Severance
Amoss - Minus
>> BCUK - The Nine
Jade - This Is My World (Icicle Remix)
>> Dub Phizix - Codec
Noisia & Phace - Floating Zero
>> Phace & Rockwell - No!
Spy & Kasra - Surfacing
>> Krakota - Be Myself
Icicle - I Feel You
Halogenix - Laika
Chroma - Fathom

wicked sam

loved the first track and couple of teases with it. ur eq work is really good.
wicked lil switches with the nine. took it out of the mix a bit sudden but thats just nit picking really.
this is my world - swish blend man. as was the codec tease, got those drums sitting together nicley.

wasnt that keen on the no! tease. wasn't bad by any means, just not as hot as the previous blends were.
surface was swish!

ifeelu - yeah i liked it
laika - fuck yeah. big like a big fuck off dinosaur on something.
fathom - love this one.

got any other mixes floating? send them my way buddy.

I'm gunna record another one soon. I've been really skint lately so I haven't been able to buy vinyl.
Yeah man I agree with the No! mix, this was pretty much done on the fly so I just picked up the nearest tune I think.

Yeah I took the nine out 16 bars too early lol, I probably wasn't concentrating.
Thanks Ted, have you recorded any mixes lately? I'll be keen on checking them out

currently my afternoon listening...

you basically had me sold on the first few mixes.

Hybris - Crumbled
>> Mortem - Monovelver
>> Amoss - Severance
Amoss - Minus

All tunes I have in the bag...grabbed me by the balls from the off. big.

Jade - This Is My World (Icicle Remix)
>> Dub Phizix - Codec

^^ really enjoyed this one...is that icicle remix on vinyl anywhere?
Can really tell that you concentrate on your EQ work working my way through this :2thumbs:

Spy & Kasra - Surface
>> Krakota - Be Myself
Icicle - I Feel You
Halogenix - Laika
Chroma - Fathom

^^ WOW. never heard Laika. Fathom is a personal fav also. great 4 tune section.

Surprised there isnt more people on this mix tbh. quite good technically, think teddy and yourself has highlighted the only bits that werent so good, but its one of the better 3 deck mixes I have listened to in a while in terms of selection.

nice one Sam...my last mix is in my sig, not a 3 decker but you may enjoy it in terms of selection.

peace.

Cheers Stu. The Icicle remix is on Jade's Venom LP but I'm pretty sure you can find it on its own on discogs. Mish Mash managed to.

Cool boss, I'll get on the DL and listen to it when I get home!

yea man, played the last one - Kahn some dubstep DJ was on before me in Room 1, played the Graveyard shift for them. You must know Louis then who runs the night? good mate of mine...

I swear I saw Variation on a previous Mono Night flyer, or I've definitely seen Variation on lineups before anyway.

yea man, played the last one - Kahn some dubstep DJ was on before me in Room 1, played the Graveyard shift for them. You must know Louis then who runs the night? good mate of mine...

I swear I saw Variation on a previous Mono Night flyer, or I've definitely seen Variation on lineups before anyway.

Nice one! Yeah man, I met him through a mate of mine (Dwayne). I was playing 11:30 till 1 in room 2. Gunna be getting in the studio with Louis again I think soon. Where abouts in West London do you live man?

Nice one! Yeah man, I met him through a mate of mine (Dwayne). I was playing 11:30 till 1 in room 2. Gunna be getting in the studio with Louis again I think soon. Where abouts in West London do you live man?

Not far from Uxbridge/Hillingdon, Felthams not that far from me...Louis isn't really so close lives out in the sticks hahaha.

Really pushing him to do a whole night of dnb. I know that the guys at Cable said he has to alternate the genre every month, but even if there was a recognised DJ headlining and then you have a load of unknown DJ's who are a quite good standard & play good music the place will go off.

Heres to hoping it happens, would be good to see you up there tearing it up!

Yeah man, I'm gunna have a chat with him next time I see him about it. At least have D&B in room 2 and something else in Room one. Its just hard trying to fit everyone in though.

Listened yesterday, brilliant mix Sam. Inspiring stuff. Wanna hit that symmetry night on Saturday?

Dad said he will look in the morning. Don't be pissed if I call you in the morning lol

Back
Top Bottom