Valentines Day <3

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Gumby, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Gumby

Gumby New Member

to dnbforum will you be my valentine?:flowers:

seriously though, what do you guys think of valentines day?
    commercial crock of shit or nice day with a guarantee of action with the missus?

my friend is a hater and has decided he wont do anything for the girl he's seeing because he's got these ideas that valentines day is forcing people to be romantic, and if you love someone you shouldnt be forced to do something nice... he's waiting to see her reaction and is using it as a test for his relationship... o_O

but why let principles stand in the way of having a nice night? you only live once! how hard is it to do something special.. who knows you night have fun!

so what have you all got planned for feb 14?

:sixty_nin or :jerkit: ??

2. mesh

mesh Active Member

crock of shit

I buy my gf flowers a fair bit, we go out to dinner when we can afford it, and if I need to rely on Valentines for action I'm fucked already.

good realtionship test, I couldnt be long-term with a girl who used Valentines as some sort of yardstick. but then I guess he's doing the same. I hope they live happy ever after.

really.

:resick: .

edit - note my Freudian-slip spelling of 'real-tionship'. keep it real like Hallmark baby

3. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

:word: I'm with mesh!

Good thing is, my other half isn't bothered either. However I will buy her some flowers on Wednesday and we're going to go out for a semi-Valentines related meal on the 17th.

We certainly don't need Valentines as an excuse for anything in the sack! :teeth:

Now, more importantly, bring on Shrove Tuesday, I love pancakes!

4. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

eww stuu please with the details already

5. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Oh come on, I know you love pancakes too, who doesn't? :teeth:

6. logikz

like boxxy brown would say, man i dont want no pancake, i want me some pie

7. logikz

as for valantines i dont know, ive got session with my dam nation outfit on wednesdays so dont really see that going anywhere. maybe get stoned and come boom her round midnight sometime after weve finished up things with the tune. if im not too drunk. great tune by the way.

8. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

Valentine's Day's wiped off the calendar for me this year...

but...

I usually like doing nice stuff though. Nice for wkend's breaks abroad or to hotels out in the country! Some champagne.

Classy!(y)

9. mesh

mesh Active Member

Doing that stuff on any weekend except Valentines or her birthday has three times the impact and three times the class. :thumbsup:
    Yeah, three times the money too (yn)

Okay I got her a card, cause it'll make her feel nice, even though she says she feels the same as me bout Valentines. She's going hiking in the Tasmanian wilderness next week and may be savaged by Tasmanian Devil or a horde of convicts, so I'm soppy.

Also, I know which side my bread's buttered.

:mkay:

BUT THAT'S IT !!!
    :orly:

10. logikz

which side your breads buttered? top side id expect? thats not what you meant is it

11. mesh

mesh Active Member

haha, thats the idea mate. its just an old saying which means, i know what's good for me.

12. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

Cant really do a lot for valentines day as i'm skint as. I did however go and trade in a shiteload of playstation 2 games just so I could afford Tony Hawks Project 8 on the 360 for the missus. She was extremely greatful especially now that shes cained and completed Sonic the Hedgehog!
    Can only hope i get something good in return!!!
    @ Stu, I cannae wait for pancake day!!!!! I missed out last year as no-one mentioned it to me & i forgot

13. mISHKA

mISHKA Member

Need to end my relationship before Valentines day!!

14. 1992

1992 Novantadue

(title of thread)......is for me to poop on.

Lovely holiday, it promotes suicide like no other.

15. deadaelus

deadaelus Laughter in the Slaughter

I'm glad my misses is cool. She doesnt need special treatment on a day where most people feel like they are "disappointments".

Girls that guilt their men into doing the big V day celebration are really only doing it to see how disappointing their mate is. I know i am disappointing and depressing, so does my girlfriend-and she has been cool with that for over 4 years. All i can say is if you really want to impress your girl, don't make some half hearted attempt to impress her on V day, SURPRISE HER. Pick her up from work, smoke her down, and take her for drinks and eats when she least expects it. (even if you are "Skint", and you gotta take her some place mediocre. It will mean more cause she was not expecting it.)

(this reminds me of a time when i thought my parents bought me a nintendo for christmas. I was so sure i was gonna be playing duck hunt & super mario all day; however, i got a box of legos instead. I was devastated at the time cause i had such high expectations. In retrospect the Legos were really cool, much better than a sweater or some other cliche xmas gift.)

I guess the moral of the story is...

Dont expect things to be perfect, cause in the real world things rarely turn out perfect.

16. sdm

sdm This is Dog Fort

Happy Valentines day, I love you all! :teeth:

17. D BREAKNECK

D BREAKNECK 7 years on top

Yeah! That's cool. I used to do the nice breaks, and surprises all the time, and enjoy the times we had.

& get a crazy cheap deal on a room the wkend before the 14th!:moe:

You can still live classy on the cheap.

Happy Valentines Everyone, Enjoy it while ya got it...

:moe:

18. Bad Ace

Bad Ace Close2Death

its all bollox!

19. Gumby

Gumby New Member

word.
    chicks dig surprises.

we hadnt really organised anything for vday. i bought my bf a funny card and i thought that would be it...

i was wrong though. he came to pick me up and told me we were going out for dinner. he mentioned that we had to quickly stop at his place first, i didnt think anything of it until we got there...

he had lined the garden with hundreds of tealight candles and he put up fairylights around the verandah. there was a red carpet lined with candles leading to a dinner table in the garden set for two with my favourite flowers in the centre.
    he cooked me dinner and dessert.

i think anything unexpected you do for someone will show them you care. valentines day or not. i certainly wasnt expecting anything and he totally blew me away.

20. logikz

thats gay gumby. gay as a gymnast on shoreleave.