Vader340 - Tantrum

The synths sound really well mixed and your mix sounds pretty good overall. The only thing that's really wrong is your snare sound. I'd probably get rid of the snare that you have in the first 20 seconds or so. Also, when your track kicks in around the 45 s mark, it doesn't seem to really sit right in the mix. Maybe either try cutting some of the high end out and try adding a small bit of reverb to it. Deadly tune apart from that

@whiterob81 thanks for the reply.

I see what you mean, it was a bit ropey. I'm never happy with my snares, my drums in general frustrate me sometimes.

I've made a few changes, changed the snare but still not happy with it, added a pad at the start and just rolled some hi hats with it.

I did have an ammen loop under the drums so that might have been messing the mix a little, i've taken this out as it's very faint anyway.

I'll re-post once i get it ironed out a bit.

Cheers mate.

Dude, don't be afraid to sample snares if you can't get it right yourself. Sample packs exist for a reason, and they're fine as long as you don't overuse them. Otherwise, there's nothing wrong with it that I can see.

I listened to the new version you just posted. I was really into the drop; the bass has a great, thundering quality to it. It does seem a touch flat, which could be over-compression. Also, the highs feel like they could be opened up a bit. I do really like the drum rhythm; I can hear how you're frustrated with the snares—they do seem a bit dull. When I'm really frustrated like that, I just load sample after sample into the snare slot while the song is playing, until I eventually find one I can live with. It also helps to check your EQ and compression on the snare channel, to make sure you're not strangling the source sound.

Back
Top Bottom