Vader340 - KOLOBOS

Vader340

Hi forum members,

I've just joined the site!!

I've been making Dubstep and Drum N Bass since Summer last year, previously spent a lot of time Dj'ing and making Hip hip beats when i was a little younger.

This is my latest track - KOLOBOS.

I would very much appreciate any judgement on this track, the mix needs sorting slightly and it has yet to be mastered.

I hope its worth a listen.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum man!

Theres alot of great ideas in there I must say but the intro is defo too long.... I said to someone else here recently: If you are going to make a long track like this one, you will need to have ALOT of different sections and sounds to switch between to be able to keep the track interesting. And imo you don't have enough of different elements for a track this long. The main thing you could cut back on is the intro and breakdown... However you do have a lot of drum fills, switches and breaks in the main sections witch doesn't make it go boring as fast.

Thats my main tip for you, keep at it!

Welcome to the forum man!

Theres alot of great ideas in there I must say but the intro is defo too long.... I said to someone else here recently: If you are going to make a long track like this one, you will need to have ALOT of different sections and sounds to switch between to be able to keep the track interesting. And imo you don't have enough of different elements for a track this long. The main thing you could cut back on is the intro and breakdown... However you do have a lot of drum fills, switches and breaks in the main sections witch doesn't make it go boring as fast.

Thats my main tip for you, keep at it!

Thanks for the comments JD.

I agree, it is a little long >9 mins! I guess i'll try and cut the intro back and take the first verse back a little.

Do you know what do people generaly do, as in no. of bars for intro, 1st verse, break, 2nds verse, outro??

Thanks mate! :)

Back
Top Bottom