VA - Hospitality - Drum & Bass 2011

DjTiesticles

VIP Junglist
1. Danny Byrd Feat. Netsky - Tonight
2. Camo + Krooked - Reincarnation
3. Receptor - Ass
4. Danny Byrd - Ill Beheaviour
5. Sigma Feat. Logistics - Dreams To Reality
6. Die + Interface - Bright Lights (Netsky Remix)
7. Joe Syntax - Fire Engine
8. Nu:Tone - Bleeper
9. The Protypes - Cascade (Cutline Remix Radio Edit)
10. Hyperlogic - Only Me (Hamilton Remix)
11. Swedish House Mafia - One (Netsky Remix)
12. New Zealand Shapeshiter - The Touch (Netsky Remix)
13. Blokhe4d - The Way Life Used To Be
14. Mutated Forms Feat. Jenna G - Last Time
15. Command Strange - Heavy Funk
16. Original Sin + Taxman - Penamana
17. B-Complex - Little Oranges
18. Genetic Bros - Uplifting
19. London Elektricity - Just One Second (Apex Vip)
20. New Zealand Shapeshifter - Lifetime (Logistics Remix)
21. Fred V - Simple Beginnings
22. Subwave - Road Rage
23. Nu:Logic - Bigfoot
24. Total Science - Scaremonger
25. Danny Byrd Feat. Tomahawk - Hot Fuzz
26. Phace - Vintage
27. Danny Byrd - We Can Have It All (Sigma Remix)
28. Unquote + Molecular Structures - Lubov Moya

Some good tunes. Some alright tunes and some just truly awful tunes.

OK, I'm going to stick up for Hospital here. This is a compilation album, obviously, and they are pretty much the only d&b label (apart from RAM) with the clout to be able to sign lots of tracks from other labels for a release like this. Everyone knows the extent to which Hospital are a gateway to d&b - I'd say probably 75% (yeah ok I'm just pulling numbers out of my arse here) of young people getting into d&b these days are doing through a combo of Hospital releases, the Hospital podcast and RAM album artists. It's sure as hell exactly how I got into this scene two and a half years ago. Now, Hospital does a seriously fucking good job at feeding these people a combination of the current 'Hospital sound', but also encouraging them to branch out further. Look at Med School. Look at the podcast tracklists - a recent one was opened with Desert Orgy, for God's sake - and this compilation has got Phace, Total Science, Subwave and Joe Syntax on it. You can hardly expect them to release compilations comprised entirely of artists like this. Hospital know their market, yeah, so there's no point in getting cross about it. But they're also invaluable as a 'guide' to getting into d&b.

The Netsky remix of SHM - one is possibly one of the worst remixes ever. London Elektricity is a rubbish producer and I think if he didn't have Hospital he would be non existent. This album is old, why don't they bring out one with some forthcoming releases?

Don't get me wrong I do like Hospital they have some class acts and Logistics is my favourite producer, he never fails to disappoint.

And on the argument of it is a gateway for people to enjoy dnb, who cares at least they are not listening to the latest x-factor winner or some crap like that.

The Netsky remix of SHM - one is possibly one of the worst remixes ever. London Elektricity is a rubbish producer and I think if he didn't have Hospital he would be non existent. This album is old, why don't they bring out one with some forthcoming releases?

Don't get me wrong I do like Hospital they have some class acts and Logistics is my favourite producer, he never fails to disappoint.

And on the argument of it is a gateway for people to enjoy dnb, who cares at least they are not listening to the latest x-factor winner or some crap like that.

I disagree here, I like some of his stuff and syncopated city is a fairly good album.

honestly it's not so bad. some tunes are definitely worth to keep, but I have to say the continuous mix is utter shite this time...I mean what happened since last time? I remember high contrast and london elektricity doing the mix in 2009, last year it was stanza behing the decks and it sounded quite okay. but this is rubbish, poor mixing, even I'd do a better job. really dissapointed.

match the tracklist and fucking do one then, sit there moaning about it, lets see your talent, and as for the rest of you who talk pure shite, lets have a mixdown from each of you and see how you rate, ignorant fuckers

:sleep:
match the tracklist and fucking do one then, sit there moaning about it, lets see your talent, and as for the rest of you who talk pure shite, lets have a mixdown from each of you and see how you rate, ignorant fuckers

Alright, I'll break it down for you.

You don't need to be able to do something well to judge it.

Look at Simon Cowell. He cant sing for his life. He is, however, incredibly experienced in JUDGING and LISTENING to music. He's listened to a lot and he knows what's good according to his opinion.

In the same way, we don't need to be able to mixdown well or mix well in order to know something is good or something is bad. It's our opinion that something is good or bad and every one of us is qualified to express that opinion. After all, who knows our own opinions better then us?

I'm glad you like it. But don't try and rob us of the right to express our opinions in a forum, when you do the exact same thing by saying you like it.

OK, I'm going to stick up for Hospital here. This is a compilation album, obviously, and they are pretty much the only d&b label (apart from RAM) with the clout to be able to sign lots of tracks from other labels for a release like this. Everyone knows the extent to which Hospital are a gateway to d&b - I'd say probably 75% (yeah ok I'm just pulling numbers out of my arse here) of young people getting into d&b these days are doing through a combo of Hospital releases, the Hospital podcast and RAM album artists. It's sure as hell exactly how I got into this scene two and a half years ago. Now, Hospital does a seriously fucking good job at feeding these people a combination of the current 'Hospital sound', but also encouraging them to branch out further. Look at Med School. Look at the podcast tracklists - a recent one was opened with Desert Orgy, for God's sake - and this compilation has got Phace, Total Science, Subwave and Joe Syntax on it. You can hardly expect them to release compilations comprised entirely of artists like this. Hospital know their market, yeah, so there's no point in getting cross about it. But they're also invaluable as a 'guide' to getting into d&b.

Great post.
However, they still probably like half the bollocks they put out. That, or they like making money on the bollocks they put out.
I for one would love if Hospital secretly hated the kind of music they release, distributing it begrudgingly for the sake of strengthening the scene and making some fat green ones.
Then, late at night when Tony Coleman gets home, he masturbates to Phace.

Back
Top Bottom