VA EP - The Future Sound of Holland - Hospital (8th July)

SteveR94

PUNK ASS JUNGLE BUNNY
VIP Junglist
Audio (although it being horrible quality) can be found here:
https://www.hospitalrecords.com/shop/release/various-artists/nhs296-the-future-sound-of-holland

large

I swear everytime the day I forget to check their Shop is the day there's something new! :teeth:

Oh good, they actually have some people I haven't heard this time. I was worried I was going to see Nymfo or someone else that's been around forever :teeth:
Yeah I saw the thread title and thought, yep that'll have Nymfo on it.

I have heard of half of these artists but I don't think that's the point of this series. It's about dnb being the 'future sound', not about up and coming artists.

The only tune I'm really interested here is that Vandera remix. Don't get me wrong, I'm all up for diversity, but bringing guys like Proxima or Posij to feature on a Hospital EP doesn't really hit the spot for me. I mean if you listen to the recent America one, guys like Gridlok or Quadrant were able to somehow align with the rest and it sounded at least similar to the common Hospital sound. Those two featured here though has gone and done exactly the same they always do and it's whack.

Oh good, they actually have some people I haven't heard this time. I was worried I was going to see Nymfo or someone else that's been around forever :teeth:

Yeah I would have thought after how they did the Brazil EP that they'd get Maduk to do a solo track and one with Nymfo, and somehow get Icicle to do a track too. :teeth:

The only tune I'm really interested here is that Vandera remix. Don't get me wrong, I'm all up for diversity, but bringing guys like Proxima or Posij to feature on a Hospital EP doesn't really hit the spot for me. I mean if you listen to the recent America one, guys like Gridlok or Quadrant were able to somehow align with the rest and it sounded at least similar to the common Hospital sound. Those two featured here though has gone and done exactly the same they always do and it's whack.
Well, it's not really about the "common Hospital sound" right? The Future Sound series is (at least, that's how I view it) about sounds that will get played in that specefic country. Here in Holland, there are many neuro fanboys and therefore our Future Sound contains some tunes (like the Posij one for example) that you wouldn't normally see on a Hospital EP.

Well, it's not really about the "common Hospital sound" right? The Future Sound series is (at least, that's how I view it) about sounds that will get played in that specefic country. Here in Holland, there are many neuro fanboys and therefore our Future Sound contains some tunes (like the Posij one for example) that you wouldn't normally see on a Hospital EP.

I don't know, the old "The Future Sound" series always had a center point around the Hospital'ish sound, be it The Future Sound of Cambridge or Russia/Tokyo. Granted, each of those always contained a tune or two which were a bit more "edgy", like the deep/experimental stuff, but it at least somehow co-aligned with the Med School releases of some of those artists or with the stuff you could hear from some producers on the main imprint as well. I can't really recall anything even vaguely similar to the Proxima/Posij tunes being released on Hospital, that's all.

Back
Top Bottom