VA EP - The Future Sound of Canada - Hospital (9th September)

SteveR94

PUNK ASS JUNGLE BUNNY
VIP Junglist
Audio in here:
https://www.hospitalrecords.com/shop/release/various-artists/nhs297-future-sound-of-canada

large

That Gremlinz track though... ::antitank:

Did not expect that at all. Gremlinz, Levrige and Stranjah tracks are all great.

Levrige had an EP on Greazus' digital label Auflect earlier this year, I urge you to check it out if you're a fan of that style.

Speaking of Greazus, pretty sure they're from Vancouver, but they featured on Future Sound of 'Murica?

I think it'll be a 21 Years of Hospital massive VA LP that'll come early next year. I'm just speculating though. :teeth:

why do they keep releasing these 'Future' plates in this terrible 3-tunes-a-side format? Does anyone actually buy and play them?

I would have thrashed some of the tunes on the Holland one if they were in a DJ-friendly format (Loose Lights is SICK, Runner is dope and Obselete is mean, the other 3 tunes are OK and that's about it for me). Well at least make them 2 plates, with the best 2 tunes on the A & C sides if they all need to be pressed....

I'm guilty of mixing with some 3 track 33rpm plates from time to time if I like the tune enough. Sometimes I'm surprised at how decent the output is when I play them on the local system, but would much rather have a 12" single or even 2 tracks per. I have not bought any of the "Future sound of..." Series, so cant speak for their quality, but have been considering picking up a few of them. Really wish labels would stick to 1 to 2 tracks per side though.

^^^ I've only ever mixed Machinedrums Lp and Med Schools New Blood 13 that are 3 tunes a side at 33rpm and have got to say that you've got to find the right level on them and tweak them by at least an 8th on the gain imo. Although I've not properly tried the 3 tunes a side Rockwell bits on his Lp or the Dom & Roland rmxs Lp.

Also on topic, why do Schematic and Polaris have 3 tunes between them? Give the other place to some up and coming Canadian producer!

This and the Holland one were the best so far IMO. But Claus is right that artwork is horrid.....like they just looked up what was popular in Canada and threw Hockey on the cover LOL.....should have went with this

Canada.png

Back
Top Bottom