DnB VA - 3 Years Of Blackout [out June 17 on Blackout Music]

Sonar000Hz

Announced at UKF
blackout-3-years-1024x1024.jpg

Black Sun Empire & State Of Mind – Until The World Ends (Mind Vortex Remix)
Audio – Bag Of Bones (Black Sun Empire Remix)
Telekinesis – Fight Club Feat. Coppa (Pythius Remix)
Neonlight & Wintermute – Influx (Misanthrop Remix)
The Upbeats – Def Crescent (Neonlight Remix)
Optiv & BTK – Malfunction (State Of Mind Remix)
Pythius – BBT (Current Value Remix)
Misanthrop – I Need More (Audio Remix)
Mindscape – One Sound Ft. Kryptomedic (Rido Remix)
Current Value – Loner (Mindscape Remix)
Neonlight – Extrasolar (Telekinesis Remix)
Black Sun Empire & State Of Mind – Unconscious VIP
Black Sun Empire & State Of Mind – Ego VIP

Not sure what else you'd expect from a label that is strictly Neurofunk?

Well what's the point in remixing, then? Either this should have been all "fresh" material from the producers involved or they could at least let some of the remixes to be like deep or jump up or whatever. Now I'm sure this will go down well with the youngsters but it's just so fucking uninspired it hurts. You can tell just from the names listed how every single tune is gonna sound already.

Well what's the point in remixing, then?

When the label's output is strictly one thing, not a whole lot other than to provide an updated take I'd imagine. I've not listened to it, but given the general output of the label, I cant say I really expected remixes from anyone other than their core artists, that are almost undoubtedly neurofunk. Who knows, maybe they took them in a new direction, but i mean come on, its Blackout. They kinda do one thing. Thats not necessarily bad, but I'm just not sure what people were expecting... A DLR remix? :teeth:

Edit: Just listed to the Current Value remix of BBT as I really dig the original. While definitely still in the same vein as the original, its pretty killer. I still dig it.

Last edited:
When the label's output is strictly one thing, not a whole lot other than to provide an updated take I'd imagine. I've not listened to it, but given the general output of the label, I cant say I really expected remixes from anyone other than their core artists, that are almost undoubtedly neurofunk. Who knows, maybe they took them in a new direction, but i mean come on, its Blackout. They kinda do one thing. Thats not necessarily bad, but I'm just not sure what people were expecting... A DLR remix? :teeth:

Edit: Just listed to the Current Value remix of BBT as I really dig the original. While definitely still in the same vein as the original, its pretty killer. I still dig it.

Yeah, I get it, but I never really understood why would I take neurofunk banger, give it to another neurofunk producer to turn it into another neurofunk banger. Might as well just ask the producer to come up with something new, that's my point :) At the very least they could have offered the remixing duties to some upcoming names in neurofunk, not their stallmarts...

I totally feel ya, but given the nature of the label, I wouldnt have expected anything different. Would be pretty cool to hear some completely different takes on some of these. Like I could Imagine someone like Rockwell, Amoss, or Fre4knc could take some of these tunes to some really unique places, but I really dont ever see something like that happening with Blackout. Not trying to dog on Blackout really, I do enjoy several of their releases and tend to give them a preview when they pop up on Redeye. Its just all the same style.

Back
Top Bottom