VA - 15 Years of Metalheadz

DjTiesticles

VIP Junglist
http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread.php?threadid=648464&mode=article

Whether you're a die-hard fan from the old school or you just discovered Drum & Bass in the last few years, it's safe to say that the name Metalheadz sits somewhere safely in your music collection. Founded by Doc Scott and Goldie in 1993, their catalogue reads like a who's-who as far as the biggest names within DnB. Artists such as Photek, Dillinja, Adam F, Source Direct and Ed Rush & Optical have been among the many producers whose work has been showcased by the label over the years.

You may also remember the Platinum Breakz compilations, which at the time were praised by critics for showcasing 'the uniquely futuristic sound of young, multiracial Britain'. The compilations presented DnB in a new light to the masses taking influence from genres including reggae, hip-hop, house and techno. At that point and time, Drum & Bass compilations had more often than not come by ways of live DJ mix albums. The Platinum Breakz series, however, served as an important building block in the foundation that would allow DnB to reach a more mainstream audience, most specifically within the UK.

History lessons aside, in the end, it's really just all about the music, no? And what better way to celebrate 15 years of one of the longest standing and most successful Drum & Bass labels then with an album. Thanks to the label’s extensive back catalogue, 15 Years of Metalheadz is going to be one you want to grab whether you’re of the newer generation wanting to get some roots education or a long time fan who just wants to take a trip down memory lane.

15 Years of Metalheadz – Tracklist
01. Doc Scott "VIP Drums"
02. Dillinja "Angels Fell"
03. J Majik "Your Sound"
04. Alex Reece "Pulp Fiction"
05. Photek "Consciousness"
06. Lemon D "This Is LA"
07. Doc Scott "Swarm"
08. Adam F "Metropolis"
09. Codename John "The Warning"
10. Marcus Intalex & ST Files "Universe"
11. Rufige Kru "Beachdrifter"
12. John B "Up All Night"
13. dBridge "True Romance"
14. Total Science "Defcom 69"
15. Commix "Be True"

Happy 15th Birthday. Here's to another 15 years

wish they'd hurry up with Re-Call to Mind instead :rolleyes:

I'm thinking this SHOULD be really good but, I haven't really heard anything to get excited about just yet, apart from the D-Bridge Belleview remix which is very very raw

I'm not a fan of the Instra:mental Japanese Electronics remix I'm afraid, neither the Burial remix of Be True

But what else is there to come?

I'm thinking this SHOULD be really good but, I haven't really heard anything to get excited about just yet, apart from the D-Bridge Belleview remix which is very very raw

I'm not a fan of the Instra:mental Japanese Electronics remix I'm afraid, neither the Burial remix of Be True

But what else is there to come?

Same opinion for the Burial remix, when I heard it I just didn't get what he wanted to do. On the otherside, that Belleview remix <3

im heard but not sure that noisia will remix strictly, calibre will remix how you gonna feel...

but its just rumours... not my info.

I'm not a fan of the Instra:mental Japanese Electronics remix I'm afraid.

one of the best remixes ever to grace my ears imo.

Last I heard was that they scrapped the album and are just going to release the Instra:mental and Burial remixes on a 12". [/ dirty rumour]

Carl Craig was given a choice of any track off the album he wanted but hasn't come through yet. Long...

Last edited:
LUCKILLY ENOUGH I HAVE MOST OF THESE FROM ORIGINAL PRESS. =/

KIDA GONNA DEPLETE THE VALUE THO INIT?

ALSO I HEARD WAY BACK THEN GOLDIE USED TO FUCK ARTISTS OVER? LIKE NOT PAY THEM ETC... SO HE LOST RIGHTS TO ALL THESE TRACKS. THATS WHY ITS TAKEN SO LONG TO MAKE THIS LP IM THINKING, CLEARING THE DRAMA

GOOD ONE ON GOLDIE

Is there going to be a re-release of the singles on vinyl? Would love to own some of these tunes that I cant get hold of now, especially True Romance

Back
Top Bottom