V One - Bulletproof

It's a bit long maybe... I don't know which bits, but you could make some of them shorter maybe? I think a five minute track needs a few more ideas to keep it interesting, unless you're going for that really minimal feel, like some of the oldschool tracks. Either make it shorter, or have fewer sections which are longer?

Bass could be a bit cleaner? I don't know how how you'd go about doing that though, so ignore me unless someone comes up with a suggestion of how to clean it up.

Kicks are completely lost in the mix. EQ them with the bass, or sidechain them, or pick a different kick, or something, just make them more visible.

Sorry for not complimenting you or being positive in any way, but no-one ever learns anything from a 'well done'. I hope that my advice will help you in some way. If it doesn't, you can tell me to piss off :D.

Last edited:
It's a bit long maybe... I don't know which bits, but you could make some of them shorter maybe? I think a five minute track needs a few more ideas to keep it interesting, unless you're going for that really minimal feel, like some of the oldschool tracks. Either make it shorter, or have fewer sections which are longer?

Bass could be a bit cleaner? I don't know how how you'd go about doing that though, so ignore me unless someone comes up with a suggestion of how to clean it up.

Kicks are completely lost in the mix. EQ them with the bass, or sidechain them, or pick a different kick, or something, just make them more visible.

Sorry for not complimenting you or being positive in any way, but no-one ever learns anything from a 'well done'. I hope that my advice will help you in some way. If it doesn't, you can tell me to piss off :D.
No problem, i appreciate the comments.. have you ear this with a subwoofer or without?

defo needs a big kik drum to power it forward, and the bass is lost in their, and thats with a scoop subbox this end. however the bass sounds likke it could drill through if cleaned up. the break is crazy at the mo with out that kik being loud.

got loads i do like about this, formula breaking beats to start. big up

No problem, i appreciate the comments.. have you ear this with a subwoofer or without?
Nah, just through headphones- a reasonable pair of over ear ones.

Do bear in mind that loads of people will listen to it through headphones, even shit earbuds, and you can't rely on a great hi-fi system to make your mixes sound good.

Back
Top Bottom