V/A - Reflections LP - Renegade Hardware

Deadly, really liking most of those. NC17, Fade, Stranjah, Aspect, Double O, Ink, Loxy & Perpetuum and Alix Peres tunes all at the top of the list for me. The rest are all a bit dreary IMO.

This collection is going to sum up why I will really miss Renegade Hardware.

Dunno, I was coming in there expecting I'd dislike most of the tunes, the first two previews changed my mind completely and then it all went apeshit (bar that NC-17 tune I guess). All in all not really something I'd expect (and ask for) from probably the last RH LP. Seems like the shut down might be for the best.

I don't think this will be the last album. clayton hines posted a few days ago :

"LOXY,INK,,BTK,SKITTY,MAMPI SWIFT,VOLATILE CYCLE,TRILO,CERN,UNIVERSAL PROJECT,DIGITAL & SPIRIT,G.H.O.S.T,JADE,L33,HYPOXIA,VOLTAGE,SYZE
PESSIMIST,STRETCH,THRESHOLD,VERB,MANIFEST,DOUBLE 0
MANTRA,GREMLINZ,OVERLOOK,NC-17,NORTHBASE.,GENOTYPE,PHILTH...just some of the artists. on last hardware album....plenty more to submit tracks"

just wow

I don't think this will be the last album. clayton hines posted a few days ago :

"LOXY,INK,,BTK,SKITTY,MAMPI SWIFT,VOLATILE CYCLE,TRILO,CERN,UNIVERSAL PROJECT,DIGITAL & SPIRIT,G.H.O.S.T,JADE,L33,HYPOXIA,VOLTAGE,SYZE
PESSIMIST,STRETCH,THRESHOLD,VERB,MANIFEST,DOUBLE 0
MANTRA,GREMLINZ,OVERLOOK,NC-17,NORTHBASE.,GENOTYPE,PHILTH...just some of the artists. on last hardware album....plenty more to submit tracks"
Yeah I seen that, this cannot be the last album on hardware, not least cuz Clayton's hinted at a Volatile Cycle album as well, but also the post above was shared by Overlook saying he's got a tune forthcoming

I mean, if Perez didn't ask for permission or whatever then he's in the wrong.

E: Obligatory :lol_board

I don't get why Perez would complain about them releasing the tune to be honest, bit of a null argument to make?

I don't get why Perez would complain about them releasing the tune to be honest, bit of a null argument to make?
where'd he complain, on his fb? Can't find post :-/

nvm should've read all the comments:
13100760_1535097293461762_8491586990107528945_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1535097293461762&set=p.1535097293461762&type=3&permPage=1

Last edited:
Wait so does Clayton think you shouldn't be able to remix someone else's work and give it away?
It's different enough to not be stealing like those edits that shit EDM DJs use to get likes on FB

Wait so does Clayton think you shouldn't be able to remix someone else's work and give it away?
It's different enough to not be stealing like those edits that shit EDM DJs use to get likes on FB

It's more that he thinks you shouldn't remix someone else's work without permission and give it away without permission.

Clayton in internet beef shocker.

All joking aside he does appear to be in the right on this. If Perez gave away the whiplash remix surely he must have needed Hardware's blessing in some form or other?

Now that I've seen Perez's complaining post, I do have to say it is a bit of a poor look if there was no mutual agreement between both parties to release the track.

Clayton may well be a dickhead for all I know or care, but this incident is not 'yet more proof':-

let me clear something up,alix sent me remix we were thinking what project should it go on,before we had a chance to make a choice he puts it up as a free download,without calling or asking me,obviously i was pissed at that ....so we thought might as well put it on ep as he has put it up for free then the fassyhole trys to go online and start talking greasy #championwasteman
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1611203539201225&id=100009347821762&comment_id=1611280915860154&reply_comment_id=1611292542525658&comment_tracking={"tn":"R9"}

Now that I've seen Perez's complaining post, I do have to say it is a bit of a poor look if there was no mutual agreement between both parties to release the track.
poor look for whom, Perez or Hardware?

It's more that he thinks you shouldn't remix someone else's work without permission and give it away without permission.

but I mean, if I'd taken something and made it almost entirely new, and not profited by selling it, I would think there's no legal or ethical problem. The anger would be understandable if Alix Perez benefited greatly from releasing it for free (eg. launched his career, gained him 10k Facebook followers), but that isn't the case

Back
Top Bottom