V/A - Reflections LP - Renegade Hardware

I think this is where your opinion would vary from the vast majority of people creating and releasing music.

Fair enough, then again I've never really understood the "ego" concept some people (artists) seem to cherish. Is it not enough for them to make great music that brightens up the day for other people? Is it really necessary to go after anyone who would dare to borrow your creation for reinterpretation? Dunno, it seems pretty childish to me (once again, we're talking cases when that someone doesn't completely steal your idea and sells it for his own gain).

The way he handled it wasn't great, and i don't agree with it.
Much like i don't agree with the bootlegger calling him out after releasing the bootleg, without consent.

We can somehow agree on that. I still think releasing someone's tune without letting him know is more in the wrong than putting out a remix/bootleg for free though.

I would imagine he is very grateful for all the music he has been able to release over the years.
Not sure why this would make any less difference to how he perceives people coming along and rereleasing it without consent.

I'm not really sure about that, considering all the drama surrounding his activities over the years. If anything, his ego seems to get in the way of his gratitude (etc.) way too often.

The reality is that they are sometimes needed, and can help a lot of artists. But you personally not agreeing with there existence, for whatever reason, is no reason to justify this.

Yeah, I'm not denying that. And I'm not saying my opinion on this matters at all. Just trying to clarify my stance.

Its a good little discussion, and agreed lines can get blurred. but, i don't think it helps to assume everyone should be happy with it happening. Or that disagreeing makes you a dickhead.
People spend lot of effort and time to create and refine what they're are putting out, and having this watered down with untold bootlegs you may not even like is disrespectful.
People are gonna bootleg tunes, it will happen a million time still but i wouldn't imagine you will make many friends of the people involved by releasing them without consent.

Wait, I didn't mean disagreeing makes you a dickhead. Calling people out when you can just talk and sort it out "behind the scenes" does. And yeah, you're right about the rest. Then again I would imagine most of the people at least try to reach out to the original artist to show them the result, because it's often someone who they admire and/or look up to. Whether they put it out for free either with consent or just to spite them is another story.

I was just arguing whether its right for people to give away bootlegs without consent, and to expect everyone to be happy or grateful for this.

Its universal.

Its not about any particular individual and i think feelings towards the people involved in this particular situation are clouding the issue.

I think the only way anyone as RH should be arsed is if Alix Perez was given the stems to remix the track. If he just sampled it then he is doing nothing wrong imo.

An if you still have an issue with that, then you're listening to the wrong genre. What about the poor Winston Brothers? Their break has been hammered by DNB artists since Jungle started.

So they should be bothered only if they officially let him remix it, but not if he does it without them knowing, and releases it without consent. Without even knowing if they like the remix or not?

You think thats a good way to go about things?

It translates to this entitlement that means that even if your name is put on something you don't endorse and potential don't like, you have to be happy with it. You got to realise that hardware didn't ask him to take it down even though they're upset by him releasing it without consent.

Looking back, this thread went funny real quick...even if I agreed with @sikreecem8 for the most part...

I don't think this will be the last album. clayton hines posted a few days ago :

"LOXY,INK,,BTK,SKITTY,MAMPI SWIFT,VOLATILE CYCLE,TRILO,CERN,UNIVERSAL PROJECT,DIGITAL & SPIRIT,G.H.O.S.T,JADE,L33,HYPOXIA,VOLTAGE,SYZE
PESSIMIST,STRETCH,THRESHOLD,VERB,MANIFEST,DOUBLE 0
MANTRA,GREMLINZ,OVERLOOK,NC-17,NORTHBASE.,GENOTYPE,PHILTH...just some of the artists. on last hardware album....plenty more to submit tracks"
Clayton's posted some things on his personal facebook about the FINAL CHAPTER ALBUM forthcoming October time, doubt it'll be ready by then but it's definitely happening and it's gonna be a massive album

For fans of minimal 170...:

Shiken Hanzo big tune forthcoming on the mighty Renegade Hardware...‪#‎finalchapterlp‬
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1619630558358523&id=100009347821762

I just want to say one phrase regarding this drama:

REMIX COMPETITIONS

That is all. For now.
There actually is a remix comp happening:-
Competition time at Hardware.
Hardware is bringing you the chance to have your remix featured on the last ever Hardware album project " The Final Chapter LP "
To take part is very simple. We have none other than the one and only Manifest and his legendary O.G Returns track on Hardware for you to remix.
Click the link below to hear the original version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJm9nBvIKIc

To enter the competition all you have to do is click the link and get access to all parts for you to remix this Hardware classic.
https://www.dropbox.com/…/O.G.%20Returns%20%28Original%20Sa…

Once you've created your track send a link of the finished tune to the Hardware Facebook inbox please.
The closing date for submissions for this competition is Saturday the 9th of July 2016. The winner will be announced via Hardware the following week.
Please do not make your submissions public until the competition is over and winner announced.
Good luck. RH Team
http://facebook.com/renegadehardware

Track is Manifest - O.G Returns

https://www.facebook.com/renegadehardware/posts/10154152941583210

So yeah, big tings

So crazy..i hadn't played vinyl in ten years till the other day and the first tune I threw on was o.g returns

Back
Top Bottom