V/A - Reanimation EP - Renegade Hardware (InsideInfo, Maztek, Optiv, BTK)

TheNitwits

VIP Junglist
425369_10151591736578567_1682387411_n.jpg

tracklist isn't revealed but big chance these will be on there

- Maztek - Limber (Optiv & BTK Remix)
- Optiv & BTK - Inception (Maztek Remix)
- Future Cut - Whiplash (Verb Remix)
- Usual Suspects - Killabees (InsideInfo Remix)

out in july acoording to btk's facebook page (but he isnt sure aswell)

Last edited:
someone guessed this on FB: Killa bees insideinfo remix, whiplash verb remix, inception maztek remix and limber optiv and btk remix

sounds possible to me - deffo has the Killa Bees rmx and the Inception remix - I heard O&BTK mention about a Limber remix -just googled the Whiplash rmx :

by Verb: Future cut - whiplash - verb remix
BEEN UPDATED FOR 2013..

OUT SOON!!

so that must be the t/l I reckon

- - - Updated - - -

oh yeah BTK confirmed what I just wrote in the other thread - thought I had read it somewhere :)

finally whiplash remix!!!!!!!!!!!! (it's damn sick, check in verb deception podcast)

killabees remix!!!!!!!!!!!

yes plz !! :slayer:

300515_10151681279148210_364403895_n.jpg

:dutty:

SICK SICK

Release date: 15th July 2013

Continuing to build on their reputation as one of the very top drum & bass labels around, Renegade Hardware are currently exploding across a number of channels. With quality release after quality release, RH displays their attitude, drive and determination wherever they go. They are proud to present the Reanimation EP, featuring four remixes of previous Hardware standards by some of the hottest names in the game right now. Original tracks by Usual Suspects, Optiv & BTK, Maztek and Future Cut are reimagined by InsideInfo, Maztek, Optiv & BTK and Verb respectively.

The InsideInfo remix of Usual Suspects’ Killa Bees leads things off, with its recognisable apocalyptic opening and signature vocal sample. As the beat drops in, the world as you know it will stop, replaced by a pulsing, addictive soundscape. InsideInfo adds his usual rolling, headnodding beats, and squelching, claustrophobic basslines. You’ll be surrounded by Killer Bees, and won’t be able to get away.

Three of the best get together on the next two cuts, with Maztek remixing Inception by Optiv and BTK and the British/Brazilian combo returning the favour on the Italian’s Limber. On the former, things get dark and deadly early on, with a sci-fi feel mixed with classic RH vibes. The sound is of a dystopian future, controlled by the machine overlords, as booming bass teams up with sliding live-effect drums. On the Optiv and BTK remix of Limber, the duo have opened up the track, letting the inner workings breathe more, by which method the soul and the funk of the original is emphasised. After a towering opening, the raw guts of the track spill onto the sidewalk, as visceral and unforgiving as anything you’ll hear all year. Get caught in the web that is Limber.

Closing things off we have Verb going in on the classic Whiplash by Future Cut. The samples are all still there, but this time surrounded by some tunnel-like synths before the drop. When things do close in, we are treated to a hail of amens, lifted by the sheer rush of the drums, and some steadily-handled bass runs.

The future of Renegade Hardware is in good hands, and the original vibes of the label are being taken forward by the new generation. Grab the Reanimation EP, and be part of it.

Back
Top Bottom