V/A - Classified V2 - Ulterior Motive, Villem, St Files etc - CIA

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by TheNitwits, Jan 8, 2016.

1. TheNitwits

TheNitwits Well-Known Member

2016 sees Total Science’s resplendent CIA label start the year with a bang with four seriously choice cuts from label associates both old and new on the brand spanking ‘Classified V2’ EP.
    Ed:It & Pennygiles’ ‘Set Theory’ made some serious waves when it dropped on the label in 2014. Its killer bassline had dance floors bouncing and so it was time to bring in the kings of DnB big bottom to give it a new twist for 2016 – Ulterior Motive. Known for their next level bass science, UM have come in and, without straying too far from the original idea, tightened and updated it. It may sound deep at home, but on a club system, this one goes off every time.
    Next up is ‘Wanna B 3’, from ST Files & Response. ST first graced CIA all the way back in 2001 with ‘305’. His and Response’s collaboration here comes in the form of a deep and hypnotic Detroit tinged roller. A perfect track for rolling out in the mix, it’s the ideal tool for setting a vibe and getting the club locked in.
    ‘Found A Reason Why’ from Total Science & FD lifts the mood back up. This is the friend’s first collaboration, and brings elements typical of each other’s tracks. A simple piano hook, catchy vocal and arrangement make this a great tune for the club. But it’s the epic breakdown in the middle that really takes the tune and listener to another level, building up till it’s guaranteed party time once again.
    Villem & McLeod wrap up the EP with ‘Strange You’. A super tight halftime number, it’s flittering percussion and edits sit neatly alongside the morphing talking bassline after a smooth and cinematic intro. It draws the listener in with its softer elements and layered feel, but then sets the floor alight with it’s big sound and rolling beat.

Release date:
    29 January 2016

Vydx, JungleBeast and WhoSayReload? like this.
  2. rythmatix

rythmatix Well-Known Member

so stoked this is getting pressed. Only heard Wanna B 3 and it sounded awesome (will check rest now)

3. craft

craft Swollen Member

Good to see CIA dropping bombs again this past year

4. Vydx

Vydx Asian Info Alliance

Nice 4 tracker,that Villem & McLeod doe (y)

5. SteveR94

SteveR94 RECORDING OMG STRONGLY

That Ulterior Motive remix is mad! The other three tunes are great too!

6. t345e

t345e Well-Known Member

This. Sick remix!

7. Fallen.GeMiNi

Fallen.GeMiNi 3rd rate banger merchant

Trevor!

In other news great EP and absolutely spot on remix.

8. t345e

t345e Well-Known Member

Ez mate, how you doing? Been a while. I checked out your latest mix at the weekend whilst I was doing some painting in the house. Really enjoyed it man and meant to give you some feedback but haven't got round to it. There were some really juicy mixes in there. I'll drop some comments on your soundcloud.

Fallen.GeMiNi likes this.
  9. Fallen.GeMiNi

Cheers mate! I'm good, thanks, how 'bout you man? Haven't seen you around for ages! Any new mixes in the pipeline? :)

10. t345e

t345e Well-Known Member

Yeah all good geez, bought myself a flat and shit and still mixing a lot but mainly just on weekends now. I recorded a little dawn wall mix the other day with all their tracks but it's only like 25 mins or something.. might upload it. I always end up building a nice tracklist then some new tracks come out and the mix feels old so i never get round to doing it. I'm just one of them people that never finishes anything I think.

11. Fallen.GeMiNi

Good to hear that! Know that feel bro, been fighting it for a long long time until I've said to myself "fuck all the new stuff" and I've been rocking out mixes ever since. I'm sure you'll get some done sooner than later :) Keeping my eyes peeled!