V/A - 20 Years of Renegade Hardware Final Chapter LP

it's more of an update man it's actually pretty good and was done a while ago.

not that you can hear much but he's done it justice imo

17629950_10155125381928210_5060867315277000732_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/renegadeha...85348209/10155125381928210/?type=3&permPage=1

Slightly underwhelming seeing the full tracklist.

The Magnum Opus section really is the classic hardware sound from the nights we used to go to, but I own all if not close to all the 30 from there.

Needs more Kemal/Rob Data IMO.

Slightly underwhelming seeing the full tracklist.

The Magnum Opus section really is the classic hardware sound from the nights we used to go to, but I own all if not close to all the 30 from there.

Needs more Kemal/Rob Data IMO.

yeah i think the classic section is really an odd selection.. why o h why always twist em out? that was released on TOV btw, not renegade hardware (yeah i know sublabel)

here's a mix of the tunes on the horsemen section :

Future Cut - Horns (Gremlinz & Overlook 2015 Mix)

About time we get this one..

Tracklists for the most part look uninteresting, typical cash grab. Can't wait for the new label :D

Slightly surprised that Callide's Horns 2016 relick is not on there, as he disabled the download from his Soundcloud page a while ago with this message:
Update:
I was going to give it away as a free download but it's been picked up by a major label. Will sort another free tune out asap

I got the download in time, and have been playing it a lot. Could have been a bit better balanced mixwise, but it works as a charm in a set.

Can't really help but feel like this is really shit. I know a few guys who have their tunes on this and fair play to them for making it, but the Neuroware stuff is really weak for the most part, hardly any resemblance to basically anything that made this label stood out in the past. "Greatest hits" compilation is missing more than a few essential cuts of music, the remixes are somehow okay (could be a bit more varied though) and I'm only keen about the Horsementality tracks. Not the stuff I was expecting as a "good-bye statement" from one of the greatest labels in the history of this music. Fuck, even Hospital is putting out better compilations year in, year out :D

Any ideas if we are getting a vinyl release and didn't they do a final LP a few years ago?

Back
Top Bottom