USVA - Bastard (160 kbps download) + a few clips

kama

benkama.net
VIP Junglist
A very melodic piece coming your way from our finnish USVA collective. I dare say that it's not minimal or easy-going despite the very liquidy content. I tried including a taste of IDM style to this particular piece of drum'n'bass. Breakagey material if I may say so myself. Feedback would be appriceated especially considering the subs, since I just changed my monitoring system quite a bit. Enjoy.

USVA - Bastard

Plus two Work In Progress tracks (clips only):

LINK DOWN SRY
A personal contribution to the world of wobble. Not really my usual style so feedback needed badly.

LINK DOWN SRY
A lush liquid track aimed to the dancefloor. With rhodes and some house quality to it.

Kama out.

edit: removed the clips, WIP.

Last edited:
Bastard sounds verry melodic , I really dig this kind of stuff.. I'm listening on cans right now so I can't really hear the subs well but as far as I can hear them it all sounds good, great job!

I'd still like to hear some more bass on Bastard, the whole track is really nicely mixed and produced tho. Really chilled out track I like it. Or maybe it's just the crappy headphones I have at work.

Batman tune is kinda funky but I dunno, the drums seems to a bit offbeat at some points with the theme song melody?

Nothing negative or creative to say about force of nature, I'm not a big fan of liquid but it's a good tune I like the vocals a lot.

Heavy! Keep it up.

Bump!

Bastard and Force of Nature are really nice. I love the drums and the tinkling melody in Bastard especially. I agree the delayed plucking in the Batman remix doesn't quite work but apart from that I like it. Big ups!

you got some good ideas there man i dunno weather its coz its 160kbs but its all sounding a little thin drums wise an bass noises, sub is fine an atoms aswel. u need more eqin on the drums an more layering in your bass an drums, the seperation of highs an lows is v clear imo how long you been producing for, cause i can hear the amount of effort youve gone into, not for batman lol but for the other 2. im likin the samples in batman 2 very good! more more more
Safe big up!

the secret is filter envelopes man. high pass no attack tiny bit of decay no sustain an no release. gives it a punch play wiv cutoff an env amount to get the *sweet spot (the punch of a snare is at a certain freq an so is the kick) try doin the same thing but wiv the pitch too. an also if your on fruity i wouldnt advise using the envelopes on there, get kontackt or any filter vst fruity standard stuff is a pile of wank!

Back
Top Bottom