DnB Using Z3TA 2, Synth Master or Blofeld?

dbjungle

DJ Syklone
Anyone using Z3TA 2, Synth Master or Blofeld that can offer some tips on programming punchy or stab bass sounds?

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Good luck...
I use synthmaster, been on this forum 6 months so far and the only person who's even mentioned synthmaster is myself.
It doesn't matter too much because I generally find I can do everything I want as long as I understand what it is.

Here are two tips for adding punch to sounds:
1. Set an oscillator to sine, then use an envelope to modulate the pitch. Use the lowest attack possible, no sustain and somewhere between 20 and 100 ms decay (I forget how much). Play with the mod amount (maybe around 25%?) and decay until it gives you a sharp click at the beginning of your sound.

2. Get a transient shaper and whack up the attack a bit. There are plenty of free ones, and if your using reaper, you'll already have one.

Hope that helps. Feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

Last edited:
I have Zeta and Synthmaster, both great synths.
I tend to use zeta for reeses and traditional synth sounds, because of it's really great sound. It's FX are decent but a bit limited, so i usually end up using it for its 6 oscillators and good range of analog waves.
Synthmaster is great for leads and pads, but i dont tend to use it much because i have a pretty poor workflow with it, and its complexity takes a while to get used to making sounds.

When it comes to making bass sounds, envelope modulation is a tried and true way of getting a punchy moving bass sound. Both Zeta and Synthmaster have an assload of envelopes, and you can use them to modulate any parameter you think would sound good. Pitch and cutoff are very common and will give you quick results with any waveform, but you can also modulate resonance, wave-morph, distortion and heaps of others to get a good sound. Tweaking decay and sustain will give you variety, and you can automate throughout the track to give it more variation.

Thanks guys. I will try all of this out tomorrow since I have the day off. Synthmaster's workflow is pretty poor especially compared to Zeta, but it can produce some amazing sounds. That keeps it in my toolbox, but generally I do almost everything on my Blofeld.

BTW these tips helped a lot. I need experiment more to get closer to the kind of sounds I want, but this was definitely a step in the right direction. Thanks.

I have nothing to add really as I am trying to find my way around Z3ta2+ at the moment. But what a great synth it is. Love the morphing LFO's, and it is very good on the ole CPU as well!

Back
Top Bottom