Using serato and vinyls??

DJError

AKA Error
VIP Junglist
Im gonna be doing a B2B with someone who uses serato but im using vinyl, I have never used the program or seen the set up to understand how its all connected, all i know is that you have the serato box which is connected to the mixer and a laptop

I just want to know if its easy to set up so that i can use my vinyls and he can use his serato just switching back and forth depening on whos playing?

Last edited:
Isn't this the way you run vinyl through Traktor? I think serato only has one input that goes into line. I think you have to put it on a thru function in the software.

yeah thru from the box to phono is the one I'm sure, should run smooth. Then switch from phono for vinyl to line for dem computer muiziks (from the mixer)

Multicore cables are the DVS DJ's best friend. No matter what software you use get them:

[video=youtube_share;NZXrO_kEy6A]http://youtu.be/NZXrO_kEy6A[/video]

used to play with someone on serato. u just click button on the interface on whoevers laptop it is and it switches to vinyl. you will know if you havent done it as it will make horrible fuzzy sound in your ear!

Back
Top Bottom