Using Samples from other songs...

Treazon

Myriad Abstruse
VIP Junglist
I've recently completed a remix of Cut Chemist's 'A Peak In Time', which I think was originally on Warner Bros Records.

Does anyone know what the situation is with using samples in tracks, I have used a total of about 32 bars from the song...

Say, god forbid, loads of people liked it, would it be releasable?

I've recently completed a remix of Cut Chemist's 'A Peak In Time', which I think was originally on Warner Bros Records.

Does anyone know what the situation is with using samples in tracks, I have used a total of about 32 bars from the song...

Say, god forbid, loads of people liked it, would it be releasable?

No.

32 bars :)

People have been sued not for 32 bars, 32 seconds but for 3.2 seconds. Its extremely complicated but in summary, if you want a legal release, you have to get clearance. That said, very small run bootlegs are mostly under record labels radars but you might get unlucky.

No.

32 bars :)

People have been sued not for 32 bars, 32 seconds but for 3.2 seconds. Its extremely complicated but in summary, if you want a legal release, you have to get clearance. That said, very small run bootlegs are mostly under record labels radars but you might get unlucky.

I knew I could rely on you to answer the question for me... Cheers for the info, I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer for that 1st release then!

I knew I could rely on you to answer the question for me... Cheers for the info, I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer for that 1st release then!

Mate send me a copy over, ill tell you whether its releasable or not! lol

nah, seriously tho, No Money (from czech) did a war of the worlds bootleg ting, nu urban liked it so much they funded a run of whites i believe :pimp:

ive remixed opticals to shape the future. havent sampled anything much from there but whats the crack, you reckon i would get the stairs for it or... maybe i should just send it to metalheadz. anyone know how to do that??

Mate send me a copy over, ill tell you whether its releasable or not! lol

nah, seriously tho, No Money (from czech) did a war of the worlds bootleg ting, nu urban liked it so much they funded a run of whites i believe :pimp:

Yeah, will send it over, still got a little bit to do but I'm pleased with it... I've also got another tune finished called Jackie Brown to send, so that should be the three tunes for your producer mix sorted... When are you thinking of doing that?

Yeah, will send it over, still got a little bit to do but I'm pleased with it... I've also got another tune finished called Jackie Brown to send, so that should be the three tunes for your producer mix sorted... When are you thinking of doing that?

not naming names, but some producers were well slack on getting tunes to me. I think a safe bet to aim for would be end of january.

Anyone remember a few years ago some dj did a remix of inner city life. Goldie made it clear he didnt want it released or even played out. This dj played it at an event where Goldie was on the same line up and ended up getting sparked in the face by Goldie lol

Anyone remember a few years ago some dj did a remix of inner city life. Goldie made it clear he didnt want it released or even played out. This dj played it at an event where Goldie was on the same line up and ended up getting sparked in the face by Goldie lol

Yep, that happened. Famous event.

Did goldie drop him while he was still mixin or did he wait till the end? Would of bin funny if he dropped him as the track dropped.

Back
Top Bottom