Using ESX24 for drums

DJError

AKA Error
VIP Junglist
im using esx24 for drums at the moment, however i wanted to know if it was possible to be able to individually process each drum sound becuase i want to be able to have them all in one esx, not a different one for each drum hit. any help is appreciated, thanks.

I'm not sure if you can do that with the EXS24 but you can with ultrabeat..
If you don't know how to do it in that..
Just change the output of each of the samples from MAIN to which ever one you want then make some AUX channels in the mixer and match the inputs to the ultrabeat samples output's.

Last edited:
what nosta said.

or you could just process your hits before and then load them up into one esx and assign to different notes etc.

That's why I find working with audio when it come to drums is so much easier.

Just find the hits you like, drag and drop them on to the workspace and then edit them from there. Not only is it visually much easier to see, but it's also much nicer to work with imo.

Yeh I've kinda been in two minds about what I find easier to use, Piano roll or just edit audio files. I do fucking bum logic tho; import a loop, right click, Convert, Convert to Sampler instrument - So ridiculously simple its untrue. I converted it to a single note and then just by changing the length of the note you can make some really sick breaks outta it. I tried creating it into seperate keys but with the whole piano roll used it was a fuckin mish lol.

Sorry to ramble about shit ..

thanks for the replies. im used to using battery at my college so i used to be able to send them to aux channels but i dont have that here. not really into ultrabeat, never really used it so not that familiar with it, guess ill just wait until i can get battery

Back
Top Bottom