using drum loops in cubase

nihil8

whenever i try and use a drum loop sample in cubase i can never seem to get the tempo quite right (so that the loop fits exactly into one/ two bars in cubase). i often use soundforge to edit the tempo/ time stretch the loop into my required tempo but the tempo's in cubase always seem to be a bit out (even if i copy + paste the exact tempo into the tempo box), which puts everything else in the tune out of time with the loop.

could anyone please be kind enough to give me a bit of advice on how to sort this little program out because it does my head in after a while.

cheers

assuming ur on SX

open up the audio editor window, got to audio-hitpoints-calculate
change the hitpoint sensitivity to your liking

go to audio-hotpoints-divide audio events

change the arrow tool to "resizing applies timestretch"

change the snap to 1/16 and go to town, can't help you with finding appropriate places for hitpoints or where to divide the events, thats up to you

cheers for the advice, i don't actually have the problem any more though as I've just upgraded to SX from version 5.0 (which i was on when i posted the oringal post).

think my oringal problem was probably just a bug in cubase anyway come to think of it.

probably best to use recycle in reason or the fruity beat slicer & rewire 1 of the 2 making beat creation a bit easier. You can then quantise them as well.

MFU

Forgot about that one as I use fruity loops mostly that has its own internal beatslicer for beat creation which I find quite user freindly.....Mostly

:rave:

Noo-Car said:
there's a great vst-instrument called intakt. it's one of the native instruments sampler series. you can slice your beats and rearrange them within this plugin, so no recycle needed here.

check this link for further info:

http://www.native-instruments.com/index.php?intakt_us

indeeeeeeeeed spot on. kontact is a sampler, beat machine, time strech etc all in 1 . it is prob the best plug in u can get for cubase

Back
Top Bottom