Using different mixers

yeah i thought this was so.
But something I dont understand, is how the xone 62 doesn't have this feature, as stated in a post above, but the £30 numark mixer I started on has this feature. I wasn't a knob, more of a crossfader for the headphone, if ya get what I mean.
Why is it that some mixers dont have it?
I thought it was quite useful, for activities such as mixing in headphones, when housemates are asleep....

Yeah I've wondered this, I've had three mixers in the past couple of years, supposedly upgrading each time.

Numark DM1002 mk2, Behringer DJX700 and now Vestax PCV 275

And my current (Vestax) is the only one without cue blend, and the other two were each under £100.

So when mixing silently just in headphones to stop waking people up, I have to resort to upping the gains to hear the cueing track properly, and of course because you can't hear the master in the headphones, you can't mix with the crossfader, so it's essentially beatmatching pratice, and then when I do play with speakers playing the master, it takes a lot of getting used to

There is a roundabout way of getting a cue blend on a 62. It's something to do with cuing the outgoing channel and Aux out at the same time, then raising the Aux on the channel you want to cue. Or something.

Please tell me more! I've always wanted to know how to do this but my interwewb searches always came up dry.. Or if you know of a link that'd be turbo legendary!

Haha, is that how you bagged yours? TBH that seems like a very effective way to pay for one, as its not like the value of them will change in 12 months, unlinke a tv for example. Requires a 10% deposit tho, but thats not that drastic
I could just fork out for it, but it would cripple me in the long run

Well I aint got a 92, I paid out for my 62 in 2 lumps (0%interst) but I've just got my sub from that site. You can't really fault the site imo, but I haven't been making payments long.

I can't see the point in forking out full wack now after seeing this, cos if the balance in my bank is higher, i'm earning more interest... Win win.

Please tell me more! I've always wanted to know how to do this but my interwewb searches always came up dry.. Or if you know of a link that'd be turbo legendary!

Found this on another forum:

1. Make sure no CUE buttons are pressed down.

2. Press the AUX button in the top right hand corner. This allows you to hear the aux output in your headphones, but only when no CUE buttons are pressed down (as they override it).

3. Make sure the PRE button is pressed down at the top of each channel you're using. This makes each channel send to the aux before their fader volume is applied, so it'll still be sent to the aux when the fader is down.

4. You can now use the AUX knob at the top of each channel as an independent cue level for that channel. This allows you to get the exact mix of channels you want in your headphones.

What's more, if your channels are assigned to the crossfader, you can use the AUX XFADE knob on the right hand side as an independent cue level for the master channel in the same way.

As I said, the CUE buttons override this, so if you press down a CUE button at any time, you'll just hear that channel in your headphones. This makes it easy to switch from "aux cue mode" to "normal cueing mode".

When NOT to do it

Bear in mind that in some club systems installations they do use the aux system for its 'intended' purpose (i.e. they'll be using it as an additional output with some equipment connected to it). If this is the case, you could really mess things up for them by playing with the aux system like this!

Back
Top Bottom