Using Classic Breaks in Songs

akmusic

I've got a few questions regarding classic breaks such as the Amen and Apache.
Are you allowed to use them in your productions? And if yes, also in commercial ones?

Cheers,
Josh

The Winstons are waiting... one day they're gonna file a massive lawsuit and sue for ownership of the whole of drum and bass

The Winstons are waiting... one day they're gonna file a massive lawsuit and sue for ownership of the whole of drum and bass

I've read anywhere that one of the guys from the winstons said that they didn't get a penny out of royalties over the amen break, and even called people who use it as "un-original" and "un-creative". i don't think, though, that they'll ever move a finger over it. Can you imagine the huge proportions a lawsuit like this would have?

in my opinion when I always hear people talk about copyright and so on... I just think it kills innovation. nothing is invented...everything is copied, reinvented and innovated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9ryPC8bxqE

this can give a good example of what I mean.

Problem is that what is innovation to us, amateurs producers, is considered money loss by the recording companies.

I've read anywhere that one of the guys from the winstons said that they didn't get a penny out of royalties over the amen break, and even called people who use it as "un-original" and "un-creative". i don't think, though, that they'll ever move a finger over it. Can you imagine the huge proportions a lawsuit like this would have?

i saw a video and he didn't receive any loyalties. he also didn't seem arsed about the copyright

he was sort of against it though. weird

I see a vision of every dnb tune on discogs being credited to the Winstons.

winstons.jpg

@ARTFX thanks man glad you liked the video =) it's a really nice one
@DarkYsidro yeah I get what you mean but end of the day mankind thinks too much about profit and "owning" stuff...that's what kills development, and innovation. we could've been a 100 years ahead of or even a 1000 if the concept of owning things and property and inventing stuff did not exist.

I don't know, I think that a lot less people would innovate if they couldn't get a big heap of cash at the end of it all, maybe not in music so much, but in things like science more. Takes 500 million dollars to develop a new medicine nowadays, people aren't gonna bother doing the science unless they can get 600 million back.

I don't know, I think that a lot less people would innovate if they couldn't get a big heap of cash at the end of it all, maybe not in music so much, but in things like science more. Takes 500 million dollars to develop a new medicine nowadays, people aren't gonna bother doing the science unless they can get 600 million back.

The people who do the science generally don't make the millions.

The people who do the science generally don't make the millions.
No, but they still need people to pay them. If the pharmaseutical industry never made any money, they wouldn't put any money into research.
Gone off topic here, but the thing that pisses me off is how much money is spent marketing drugs. That's a waste.

Back
Top Bottom