Using chopped loops from Recycle in Renoise...

willgripp

Hoping you can help me!
I am looking to use recycle to chop breaks before porting the chopped breaks into renoise.
I have been following this youtube tutorial - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0S8iig ... 5brLMWdX43
I find it all goes wrong after I use the midi file in renoise; the break is there but all instruments in pattern editor remain as 00.
The ultimate aim is to familiarise myself with different breaks (and then use functions such as randomise) without having to manually assign all the different hits of the break.
I am new to both programs -
Any help is much appreciated - Will

The MIDI file probably misdistributed the samples over the piano grid, try to look into that and drag them to the right place.
But seriously, Renoise itself can auto slice breaks just as well as Recycle as far as I know, so why not skip Recycle all together and save yourself the hassle?

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply!
Half the aim is for the hits to be put in renoise in the correct positions of the break; I hope that this will allow me to familiarise myself with the construction of different breaks. As far as I can tell renoise will assign hits to keys but not plot their original positions in the break?

what, it does that? renoise slices, like auto slices? fuck i thought that thing was a one channel mono 3 bit FM app, i had no idea. really openend my eyes.

recycle does happen to have the best transient designer in the business outside of hardware, so there is a good reason to check it out, and not only for attack, for sustain and its got exciter and EQ so you can really get some weight out of it, plus its stand alone, or was, 2006 which is the last time i gave a fk about that

Am headed in the right direction!
I can now use renoise to slice beat and assign hits to keyboard; I just can't get the hits into pattern editor with original spacing...
Have been trying to destructively render slices with no joy...
Thanks again - Will

Original spacing? You know you can move the markers from the slices to distribute these in any way you want right?
You can also use the S command over a break (non-sliced) to define this yourselves.

I am having trouble getting the slices from the sample keyzone and sample editor screens to the pattern editor - is there a command that does this?
Cheers again - Will

You're not used to trackers are you? ;)
You type/record the notes in the pattern editor corresponding to the slices of your break (instrument) you created, then you play them back. So select the right instrument with your sliced break from the instrument list, and start writing notes in the pattern editor!

Maybe you should read up on some more tutorials on the previous link I gave you, it's explained there clear as a bell. Good luck!

I'm not too bad with trackers; I can plot hits in the pattern editor fine, I am looking for a way to get cut break into pattern editor without my having to recreate it - this would allow me to get familiar with the composition of different breaks whilst saving me time of trying to re-write the breaks. I am used to nitrotracker, but most features on renoise seem similar, its just this one element that would really help me progress
Will

Back
Top Bottom