Use of Effects..

RUSSLA

Technique
VIP Junglist
After listening to some of Noizes and Flickys mixes, it became apparent that these guys use effects to their full advantage.

I was wondering what ones get used most and when? I wana add some variation and flare to my mixes. Also wana use them for in the middle of a blend to make transitions more smooth.

I've already dabbled in the Low Pitch filter a bit after a bit more really.

Cheers dudes

i never had fx on my old setup but the mixer ive been useing recently has and i think like you said low pass filter, some flanger and even a bit of delay can work well in mixies as long as know how to use em.

After listening to some of Noizes and Flickys mixes, it became apparent that these guys use effects to their full advantage.

I was wondering what ones get used most and when? I wana add some variation and flare to my mixes. Also wana use them for in the middle of a blend to make transitions more smooth.

I've already dabbled in the Low Pitch filter a bit after a bit more really.

Cheers dudes

PHAZEEEEEEEEEEEEE A BAR BEFORE THE DROP
HIGH / LOW FILTERS 4 BARS BEFORE THE DROP.

this should come natrually to you, a DJ..

I would have thought anyways..

yeah, basically the 'filter' on pioneers is all i'd use. and as mekar said, high pass/low pass on allen and heaths.

that's about all you need really. very rarely dabble with anything else. might bash out the phaser/flange every so often, but don't think they sound too hot mosta the time.

PHAZEEEEEEEEEEEEE A BAR BEFORE THE DROP
HIGH / LOW FILTERS 4 BARS BEFORE THE DROP.

this should come natrually to you, a DJ..

I would have thought anyways..

Sorry but if you dont know, then you don't know!? Bit of a silly reply really.

yeah, basically the 'filter' on pioneers is all i'd use. and as mekar said, high pass/low pass on allen and heaths.

that's about all you need really. very rarely dabble with anything else. might bash out the phaser/flange every so often, but don't think they sound too hot mosta the time.

Fair shout, i just listened to your DNBA mix and noticed you used the low/high pass a bit towards the end, sounded sick. Like it was part of the tune or something!

Just thought i'd add this is mainly for three deck mixes, cos there is so much going on its hard to keep it clean in eqing terms. Fuck know how Noize does it but if hes willing to share a few tips it'd be much obliged! :D

Fair shout, i just listened to your DNBA mix and noticed you used the low/high pass a bit towards the end, sounded sick. Like it was part of the tune or something!

haven't got hp/lp mang, just use the filter setting on my pioneer djm600.
it synchs into the beats at the press of a button. job done!

Grrr i envy you and your DJM600! I want that mixer, i will have that mixer... maybe for me birthday in Feb....hmmm lol

that phaser swoosh sound is me on the mic going swoosh

and the filter is me putting the mic in water then pulling it back out

lol on a serious note tho

on my djm600 , i use the phaser for the swooosh, that sounds ace if used propaly,, but uve gotta EQ ure Low (bass) to cut, in time with the using the effect otherwise it will clip dramticly and sound awfull
if u play around with it u will know what i mean

the filter is ok , but again u have 2 watch ure eqs just pressing the filter button will make the volume go louder and clip

on the A&Hs they are voltage controled filters , so when u turn them on they dont effect the volume as much as the poineers do

A&HS have the best filters. fact

Last edited:
if im at home i will have a mad effects rinse.. got the numark DXM 09 so pretty tight for effects!!

Favourites are the 2x copy, flanger, phaser, low/high filters and been getiing into the vocoder (duno hw 2 spell) recently!

Back
Top Bottom