USB splitter

djpeach

Original Nuttah
Does anyone use a usb splitter?

I am currently running sl3 on my pc (hp dm4), but with the addition of new midi controllers (cdj900 + lpd8) i no longer have enough usb ports- only 3 are on my laptop.

I have been using 3 untill this point: one for sl3, one for dicers and one for lpd8. But have now bought a cdj900- I am just using a controll cd at the moment but would ideally use it as a midi controller for quicker response, use of slip mode etc.

Hopefully in the near future i will get another cdj 900 too. it would also be nice to have the option of using midi function on my djm 800... making a grand total of 6 usb ports required....

I suppose the only solution is one of these

Would this put too much strain on one usb port? are there any brands that are better than the other?

Help will be gratefully received!

Your going to want to search for a powered usb hub.

As long as you dont have hubs connected to hubs connected to hubs with all ports being used up you should be fine.

But yeah, powered one is a must, otherwise it can put a strain on your computers usb port.

+1, a powered hub is the only option. Unpowered wont give your hardware the juice it requires.
Its not a great idea to use all your gear through a single USB socket though. I'd advise you to use a dedicated one to your soundcard, as this transmits all your audio it needs more bandwidth.
Everything else should be fine through the hub though.

Back
Top Bottom