usb sound card, midi keyboard etc.

kenny d

ez people,

As i have said somewhere before i am on a low budget and am currently building a studio. I am thinking about running cubase or nuendo so was just wondering with being on a low budget does any 1 recommed any usb sound cards or midi keyboards that work well, links or sites would be very helpful..by the way the reason i say usb sound card and keyboard is because i been told its easier unless any 1 thinks differently.

thanks alot

Alexi

Drench Audio
VIP Junglist
Yeah I did it on a budget so got all the essentials for the best value, the good equipment that was still cheap

M-Audio Axiom 61 - £140

5 Octaves, semi weighted and assignable rotarys, pads and faders. You couldn't want anything more in a keyboard

Alesis IO2 - £75

Cheap, and does its job with good quality recording, lots of inputs (XLR, Line Digital)

Alesis M1 Active 320USB - £70

Clear and flat response, don't go very loud but enough for a budget home studio

That's what I bought on a strict budget and it totaled at under £300, and all you need is your computer and software and your sorted.

Hope that helps mate

Alexi

Drench Audio
VIP Junglist
Also to add, the monitor speakers have an intergrated soundcard via usb as well, but probably better to get an external one like the IO2 I mentioned

Alexi

Drench Audio
VIP Junglist
http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/product/34650-alesis-m1-active-320-pair.html

Sorry for each link being in a seperate post, was searching as I posted.

Those are the links for dolphin music, but I'm sure you can get a better price by shopping around.

I got the keyboard for 140 from Promenade Music near manchester, because I spent a while chatting to the owner so it was easy to negotiate a decent price

The monitors was from a shop called Rubadub up in edinborough, and got the audio interface somewhere in London, can't remember.

So sourced from far and wide, only because I happened to be there. But I'm sure a few mins googling will find you similar deals

Last edited: