US to Arm Syrian Rebels

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by RocksteadyUK, Jun 21, 2013.

1. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

So its official.... the US are arming Syrian Rebels. Not entirely sure on what to think. Obviously... the war needs to be over. Obviously the Syrian rebels need the weapons to enable them to even have a fighting chance against a well trained and vastly better equipped government army. There isnt much of an alternative really. But it just seems a bit stupid giving a load of people weapons who have no loyalty to the person supplying them what so ever and.... who will ultimately either turn against the hand that has fed them... or sell the weapons to the highest bidder once the war is over.... who will again... use them against NATO forces. Or is it just the first step on the ladder towards another invasion.... we give you weapons... you still cant get rid of Assad... so now we invade. hmmmmm.

Cant find the report on it... but just seen it on Sky News....

Also.... http://news.sky.com/story/1106383/syria-rebels-risk-own-lives-over-diy-weapons

2. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

definitely a tricky one,

arming them seems very stupid especially with the ties to extremists,

but at the same time we cant let Assad get away with using sarin, he cant be allowed to stay in power after killing nearly 100,000 people

I dunno, as Im not in a position of power and just posting bollocks on the internet, im going to sit this one out.

- - - Updated - - -

maybe arm them, displace Assad, then sit back and watch them kill each other?

yeah that sounds good

3. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

Well theres the problem... it seems that actually some extremists arent actually fighting for the rebels... but in fact fighting for Assad. As some of them think the rebels are just US puppets.

Its also in the interests of the extremists that the war carries on.... its a proving ground for their soldiers. where better to get urban combat experience??

you seen the Vice doc about the Aleppo snipers?? some seriay CoD style shit.... teenagers camped in clock towers with sniper rifles.

You seen that place?? so fuked!! even when the wars done... its going to take decades to get it back to the way it was. Entire city is basically in rubble.

in my opinion... the west have already got what they want. Major Islamic power..... in rubble.

IN FACT!! there it is.... theres the reason why they are arming the rebels.... its obvious the rebels are losing.... and if assad keeps going thwe way he is... he's going to win.... so arm the rebels.... give them a bit of a moral boost... war carries on for a few more years... destroying even more of the country. HAMERICA WINS!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  4. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

I think there are extremists on both sides, maybe youre right, but destabilization of the whole country will eventually lead to a a very bitter west-hating nutter causing a bigger threat to us in a few decades time

I mightve posted this before

place looks a Battlefield map...

grim

RocksteadyUK likes this.
  5. Dannyboy93

Dannyboy93 EL CAPITAIN

by the looks of things america is just shit stirring as usual. They get into too much inner country conflicts like vietnam and korea which they do not need to get involved in, trying to help destory the world by helping countries kill themselves off.

6. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

yeh proper... Gold of Oman map!! hahaha.

7. jungle_fever

jungle_fever Well-Known Member

i dunno i think there are serious movements happening in the middle east of late - http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/18/us-peace-talks-taliban-afghanistan

i could see this all ending up rather neatly....

.....maybe not

- - - Updated - - -

no excuse for using sarin though. someone needed to do something

8. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

Hisbollah is defo on Assad´s side. Al Nusra/Al Qaida are pretty much fighting for themselves, it seems that the secular parts of the FSA just allow them. When Assad is gone, this will perhaps be the next fight. Lose/Lose situation imo.

RocksteadyUK likes this.
  9. Dannyboy93

Dannyboy93 EL CAPITAIN

someone did definitly need to do something just don't think what they have done was the right thing to do, to be fair I have no idea what should have been done but arming rebels will cause more problems than good IMO

RocksteadyUK likes this.
  10. jungle_fever

there was no other option imo. if you saw the schoolyard bully beating up another kid and then the bully pulled out a cricket bat, then you would have to step in and give the kid a good old american baseball bat to keep it a fair fight.......and then spend all your lunch money on medical supplies when he comes out of it all battered and bruised

RocksteadyUK likes this.
  11. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Quite sad to watch :(.

RocksteadyUK likes this.
  12. Dannyboy93

Dannyboy93 EL CAPITAIN

That is a good way to put it and tbh I can't think of anything else they could have done but just think that it will cause alot of problems in the country and make it worst for the civilians who will be caught up in the cross fire more now both sides are armed, pretty fucked up situation.

13. jungle_fever

theres nothing pretty about war. it is always gunna have problems and always gunna evoke feelings from everyone outside looking in, especially with civil wars, but it needs to be dealt with as humanly as possible

14. Kenneth4Eva

Kenneth4Eva Let's Breed

the syrians can go to fuck. what really needs to happen is the UN army to intervene to stop the horrid war crimes that are taking place in the name of allah.
    shouting allah snackbar while shooting kids.
    both sides need to be eradicated.
    actually good lets give them weapons and watch them ethnically cleanse each other.
    will give me a few more beheading videos to watch.

RocksteadyUK likes this.
  15. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

Speaking of that, have you seen that vid where this cunt stabs a corpse like crazy? I think he wanted to be cool but that was fackin cringeworthy.

16. Dugg Funnie

Dugg Funnie Well-Known Member

Well I know for a fact that the U.S. handing out up to date military weaponry to extremists and potential threats HAS never come back to bite us in the ass.

17. Kenneth4Eva

Kenneth4Eva Let's Breed

or the one where rebel snipers film a tank and the tank blow the fuck out of them. the video ends with a nice blood curdling yelp. fucking rebel scum

- - - Updated - - -

the russians are selling weapons to both sides.
    which is a good thing. keeps our economy going.

- - - Updated - - -

[nsfw]
    http://www.bestgore.com/beheading/young-man-beheading-two-women-execution-baath-party-brigades-syria/

nice one rebels nice one

- - - Updated - - -

keep them videos coming
    allah snackbar and all that

18. MARKLAR

MARKLAR International Tracksuit Salesman

looks like the aftermath maps to me.lol
    place is fucked

19. Kenneth4Eva

Kenneth4Eva Let's Breed

place was always fucked

- - - Updated - - -

[video]http://www.bestgore.com/suicide/fsa-terrorist-self-destruct-rpg-syria/[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

thats a fucken peach

- - - Updated - - -

cant even fire an rpg without killing himself
    hilarious

20. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

Why would you do that? :teeth: